Toribash
If you got more tc then items would be worth more tc. Economy is a self regulating system.

Increasing the amount of tc you get can be used to devalue the economy (eg if one person has 20kk and you increase win amount x100 then you have effectively reduced their savings to 20k - ie inflation is stealing from savers). This is useful in some ways, but it's very hard to reduce the amount of tc people have.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
If you got more tc then items would be worth more tc. Economy is a self regulating system.

Increasing the amount of tc you get can be used to devalue the economy (eg if one person has 20kk and you increase win amount x100 then you have effectively reduced their savings to 20k - ie inflation is stealing from savers). This is useful in some ways, but it's very hard to reduce the amount of tc people have.

Nope, the Toribash economy is anything but self-regulating.
Nabi has a monopoly on the manufacturing of all items and therefore controls the economy. Additionally the economy only serves one purpose: Making hampa money.

It is also very easy to reduce the amount of TC people have. It is being done constantly. It is not about stealing money, it is about creating incentives for people to spend their money.
Some examples would be the creation of a clan, the market squat lotteries, the torishop …

Without those sinking methods TC would inflate rapidly as it happened before.
I wrote an article on the subject some time ago, but seeing as the toriblog disappeared I cannot link you to it, unfortunately.

Nor have you reduced the value a person possesses by increasing the amount of TC everyone else has. As I said, nabi is the only manufacturer and as long as the prices stay constant the value of TC stays somewhat constant as well.
With value I do not mean the TC/USD value but the value players can receive in items or other goods using the currency on Toribash. The more TC a user has, the more shit he can buy on Toribash.
Some goods will obviously change, such as usermade art. The competition on the market will grow with the amount of TC and thus the prices will not grow much despite the fact that everyone has more TC. What'll change is that the market activity explodes.
How are you?
Hampa needs some money. Although I wonder how much money Hampa makes from people buying Tc considering that you can get 12k Tc for 1$ from sellers vs the torishops 1k=1$. I do agree it's a grind to earn Tc. Sadly if someone's desperate for a full 512 you will most likely have to buy Tc.
Curious aren't you.
When I started out, I made textures and sold them on the forums. I got quite a lot of TC and could afford most mid-tier color choices in about a week or two.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
You're incorrect. You're constantly incorrect. If people did not buy TC, lots of TC would still be generated through tourneys. Every time someone buys an item from the shop, tc is sunk. There are a lot of items and tc in circulation, therefore there is an economy. You are missing the entire point of an economy.

Im saying there didnt need to be one