Toribash
Does your aunt just not teach him if he doesn't fancy it that day or what? Because otherwise she is similarly guilty.
Good morning sweet princess
Uh i dont know if this would be considered relative or not Dont Stay in School
-----
About the dress code thingy mentioned earlier, back when dress code wasnt enforced a lot of students would show up in pajamas, i think lingerie at school was a thing one time, and alot of people were bullied for their clothes because they didnt have enough money to compete with the richfags, so yeah Dress code isnt so bad when you look at it like that; BUT I believe we are mature enough to remove the dress code slightly, we get to wear whatever we want with certain rules( no holes in jeans, pajamas, underwear, etc.)
Last edited by Kirito; Aug 20, 2015 at 10:37 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Dont stay in school has absolutely nothing to do with this.

also, dress code doesnt exactly reffer to having school uniforms, more like what you cannot wear to school.

all in all, school only looks like prison to kids because a) they are little, some things in school can be pushing so much stress on them they shit talk it, like anything else or b) they have never been in prison.
h
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Uh i dont know if this would be considered relative or not Dont Stay in School
-----
About the dress code thingy mentioned earlier, back when dress code wasnt enforced a lot of students would show up in pajamas, i think lingerie at school was a thing one time, and alot of people were bullied for their clothes because they didnt have enough money to compete with the richfags, so yeah Dress code isnt so bad when you look at it like that; BUT I believe we are mature enough to remove the dress code slightly, we get to wear whatever we want with certain rules( no holes in jeans, pajamas, underwear, etc.)

There's an entirely different thread that I myself have made that addressed the problems that Don't Stay in School addressed. Feel free to bump a month or so thread if you feel like talking about it.
Also, from what I've seen from the low standards that Idaho has for it's school system, a lot of fucking kids show up to school in pajamas, and nobody really cares. Also, calling people who have more money than you richfags is a bit...ridiculous. Also, the dress code for some of the high schools in the district I go in states that all boys must tuck in their shirts (which is really fucking silly if you ask me). And as for the dress code for females, anything that could show off enough skin for it to be considered even remotely sexual is immediately dress coded. Hell, I told my friend that if she was ever dress coded for something that seems a bit unreasonable, I would then show up to school the next day adorning a similar style to prove a point. Frankly, I believe people should be allowed to wear whatever they want as long as it isn't too profane, and they're clothed.

Originally Posted by duck View Post
all in all, school only looks like prison to kids because a) they are little, some things in school can be pushing so much stress on them they shit talk it, like anything else or b) they have never been in prison.

It's actually more common for people around the teenage years to make the comparison to prison.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post

It's actually more common for people around the teenage years to make the comparison to prison.

Yeah because teenagers are dumb, angry and self entitled. The ones who are smart/mature enough understand that school is nothing like a prison and the greatest blessing they could have.
Stop comparing a place where you get educated (for free, depending on your country) to a place where the whole idea is punishment.
There are people paid just to take care of you and make sure you learn shit and the only thing expected back, is for you to show up and sometimes do some reading. Oh what a horrible faith indeed!
Last edited by Faint; Aug 21, 2015 at 07:08 PM. Reason: snip
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Yeah because teenagers are dumb, angry and self entitled. The ones who are smart/mature enough understand that school is nothing like a prison and the greatest blessing they could have.
Stop being a prick and comparing a place where you get educated (for free, depending on your country) to a place where the whole idea is punishment.
There are people paid just to take care of you and make sure you learn shit and the only thing expected back, is for you to show up, not act like a cunt and sometimes do some reading. Oh what a horrible faith indeed!

Like I said, not all prisons are primarily focussed on punishing crime, depending on the country they can also be to prevent that person repeating the crime through re-education. There are prisons which are much nicer than schools. Nevertheless, I'm sure Valterain's aunt was not talking about this kind of prison so fair enough.

Also, this is starting to feel a bit heated. I have seen barely anyone arguing that there is anything in particularly wrong or inhumane about sending kids to school. I feel like fewer people disagree with you here than you might have imagined.
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Like I said, not all prisons are primarily focussed on punishing crime, depending on the country they can also be to prevent that person repeating the crime through re-education. There are prisons which are much nicer than schools. Nevertheless, I'm sure Valterain's aunt was not talking about this kind of prison so fair enough.

Also, this is starting to feel a bit heated. I have seen barely anyone arguing that there is anything in particularly wrong or inhumane about sending kids to school. I feel like fewer people disagree with you here than you might have imagined.

Well to be fair, saying that there are similarities between prisons and schools implies negative attitudes towards the school system in an unmeaning full way. Of course you can compare them in many ways, but if its only for comparisons sake it becomes banal. Focusing on different elements of systems through comparison is a way to criticize and analyze the systems which we are comparing. But if its only or the sake of lulz it becomes meaningless. Thats why I attacked the subject so aggressively. Not because I necessarily feel like people actually think that way, but because the comparison is stupid and meaningless if not used as an augmentation tool. And if used as an argument, the argument is bad.

PS. Im salty mc_salterson sometimes I know
Last edited by cowmeat; Aug 21, 2015 at 07:40 PM.
1. They both have an authoritarian structure
School:Needed for learning
Jail: Punishment
2. They both have strict dress codes
School: This is saying school has dress codes in the first place (If you do have a dress code you did something wrong ''punishment'' or your parents want you there)
Jail:Punishment
3. They both have "Negative" reinforcement
School: You did something wrong Because you went there to learn
4. "Walking in lines" honestly this one is pretty fucking stupid
School: If maybe you're in elementary school...
Jail: PUNISHMENT
5. Abridged freedoms
School: The point of school is to learn not to have sex and smoke weed (not saying it's bad, but that's off topic)
Jail: Guess what? it's a fucking punishment
6. No input for decision making
School: You go there to learn if you want to change the rules...don't go there
Jail: You're telling me you want to change the rules in a jail? ok then go to school and get some sense
7. Set times enforced for eating, walking, etc.
School: You don't have to eat or even walk (gym implying) they want you to do it, but they can't make you unless you're not obeying the school rules, then don't sign the contract you must sign to go to the school.
Jail:If you don't want to eat in a jail that's your loss many other people would be starving due to bullying and walking....that's your freedom

Point is
School- You go there to learn, not smoke and break rules (remember that contract you sign) Please don't say you think school is like a jail because you don't like learning...you're lucky to even be there.
Jail: is a punishment... if you don't want to be there then follow your social contract...
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
1. They both have an authoritarian structure
School:Needed for learning
Jail: Punishment
2. They both have strict dress codes
School: This is saying school has dress codes in the first place (If you do have a dress code you did something wrong ''punishment'' or your parents want you there)
Jail:Punishment
3. They both have "Negative" reinforcement
School: You did something wrong Because you went there to learn
4. "Walking in lines" honestly this one is pretty fucking stupid
School: If maybe you're in elementary school...
Jail: PUNISHMENT
5. Abridged freedoms
School: The point of school is to learn not to have sex and smoke weed (not saying it's bad, but that's off topic)
Jail: Guess what? it's a fucking punishment
6. No input for decision making
School: You go there to learn if you want to change the rules...don't go there
Jail: You're telling me you want to change the rules in a jail? ok then go to school and get some sense
7. Set times enforced for eating, walking, etc.
School: You don't have to eat or even walk (gym implying) they want you to do it, but they can't make you unless you're not obeying the school rules, then don't sign the contract you must sign to go to the school.
Jail:If you don't want to eat in a jail that's your loss many other people would be starving due to bullying and walking....that's your freedom

Point is
School- You go there to learn, not smoke and break rules (remember that contract you sign) Please don't say you think school is like a jail because you don't like learning...you're lucky to even be there.
Jail: is a punishment... if you don't want to be there then follow your social contract...

if you're there to learn, shouldn't you have the opportunity to your own choice?
why is truancy considered a crime, if all school is just to learn?
pacquiao
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
if you're there to learn, shouldn't you have the opportunity to your own choice?
why is truancy considered a crime, if all school is just to learn?

The point of school is to learn not to have sex and smoke weed (not saying it's bad, but that's off topic)
Not a stereotype but most of the people that are underlined normally will skip school and later in life go to...jail