Toribash
This is supposed to be a discussion or a friendly debate. Not throwing around insults. I think the U.S. shouldn't barge in without the countries permission, but if the country is being hostile with restless annexation, then the U.S. should barge if possible. The point of the U.S. and some of Europe coming together is to support others financially and physically. I don't agree with the bombs, I think they should of stopped enemy forces in a more calm and subtle way. I would rather be responsible of saving millions of lives by sacrificing soldiers and enemies instead of killing innocent citizens with nothing to do with the war. Also, deprav, The job of America is to protect it's citizens and protect other countries from corrupt leaders. Not their fault if they end up with new trade routes and alliances from the countries and lives they save. If you want people to die so America doesn't earn money, whatever floats your boat :c
(Leash)ApatheticP: plz dont use me
(Leash)KaZyDog: I only use attractive ppl dont worry about it
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
America is the hegemony of the world, with the largest military and is in general by far the strongest country in the world. Countries look to America when things go bad, since they ensure peace around the world.

People often criticize America for spending so much on defense, and that it should be used for other reasons. These people fail to realize that America is the one thing enforcing the peace around the world.

Because of this, America has the right to intervene in global issues. It's really their job.

The United States is hardly a knight in shining armor. US military interventions are almost exclusively to protect or expand the interests and assets of the United States. Overthrowing dictatorships and bringing American Justice are ancillary. Having the most powerful/expensive military does not make it the duty of the United States to "protect" the rest of the world from itself, and even if it were true, the US does not perform this duty.

The United States has a very strong international presence and there are a lot of reasons the US would want to keep it that way, but none of those reasons are "protecting the world". Granted, the United States is a massive supplier of humanitarian aid, which is nice, but it does not justify or explain overwhelming international presence.

The idea that the United States brings justice and peace to other countries is pretty sickening. It's incorrect, for starters, and the idea itself is degrading to the values of other cultures and societies. There is nothing that says American justice is the best justice other than American values, and there is no objectively righteous justification for pushing those values into foreign territory. The proper justification, and one that I don't mind, is to protect/expand American interests.

Being powerful does not equate to being righteous.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor