ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Does personality type dictate how good you are in toribash?
Ok, so I was thinking, why can some people understand the mechanics of toribash pretty easily while others don't? What kind of people are good at toribash? Do all the "good" people have similiar personalities?

Before you post, i would like everyone to take this test and post their results, so we can survey what kind of people play toribash
www.16personalities.com

My results were "INTJ", which generally means critical thinkers and those likely to take the path of engineers or scientists, this personality also happens to be the same as Sherlock Holmes, and it also explains that INTJ are good at understanding mechanics and systems very easily, this might explain how I was able to understand toribash pretty fast.

So, I don't know if it's just me, hopefully we can get some reults and see if there is a trend in those who play toribash.

There's no real goal for it but it's interesting to know, so yeah, what are your opinions?
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Almost everyone here is INTJ or at least INT.

Just understanding the game doesn't make you good at it, but just being INTJ doesn't mean you are actually any good at understanding in the first place.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
i get ISTP every time i take one of those tests. i even have a picture saved for whenever these threads appear

s

oh yeah

s

i feel as though certain people have more motivation than others to 'get good' at the game
whether personality dictates that or not, it's all reliant on whether you really want to become good eg ingame or single player
as for me, i don't care if i can suplex, but take zero - he can rek em n' roll em - not sure what his personality is so i'd use him as a test
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
I got ENTP, I don't really think personality has anything to do with skill in this game. I've played against people who are kind and very mature all the way to the kids who scream at you for foul play and bitch about everything. Both kinds of people have been very hard to fight against at times, so its not really a personality thing.

s

Last edited by DropKick; Sep 27, 2014 at 09:34 PM.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
I got ESTP, I read the thing afterwards ( all of them ) and it is all true about me.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.

Results

Xlr what can you deduct from that? I really don't know. :/
I'm really curious, I don't mind if it's not good but like I don't know whats your results mean I want to know ^^
just at the bottom it say:
Personality: INFP

Variant: Turbulent

Role: Diplomat

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your poetic nature, intuitive skills and pure, childlike enthusiasm. Above you will find a brief overview of your personality traits - proceed to the type overview to learn much more about your personality type. Prepare to be impressed.
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!
INTJ. I think it does reflect me well...

Also nope.
Last edited by Liquidoom; Sep 28, 2014 at 03:28 AM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
INTP
In toribash I think the majority of the best (competitive) players are fairly dickish. Some really nice guys just can't get good.
ISTJ

Little surprising :o

And no, to my knowledge, the type of personality one possesses does not correlate with in-game skill level.
Last edited by WTFlow; Sep 28, 2014 at 01:41 AM.