Toribash
Original Post
Karstnator's Drawings
Hi I want to get better at drawing characters. I will be updating this thread with recent or old drawings.
If I get good, I might make an event similar to 8OJ4N's event where he draws your Tori's, put you guys in a tournament, etc...

So... let the journey begin :^)

I use GIMP
Last edited by Karstnator; Jul 21, 2018 at 06:34 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Hi Karstnator, you probably have already noticed that there are some proportion problems in the drawing: one leg is much longer that the other, his lower torso disappears into the legs (he doesn't seem to have a waist), his right knee is too much inside the leg, the torso at a certain points flattens out weirdly and it seems like he doesnt have a pec.

The most evident issue though is the perspective, for example the hand in the front has the same size of the hand in the back. Same thing with his right arm, it seems flat and too short probably because the upper arm's muscles aren't properly placed. I know that it's very hard to obtain a good 3d effect with poses like this so you shouldn't feel bad if the first times it doesn't come out right.

The face on the other hand is good, you got that mostly right and it's solid overall.

Did you use a reference?
The foreshortening on his left hand could look a lot better. I'd recommend moving the hand to the left a bit and making his right hand smaller than the left since its further away.

The characters neck is also really messed up, it looks like his neck has the same diameter of his head.

No nips.

He looks flat chested even though you defined he has muscles & his right pec should be bigger.

こんにちは、私はデータです。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This was the first head I ever made:

I made this head when I was in Calamity's clan called "Artist's Guild" or something...

I made this silly looking head with silly looking ears

I re-did that silly looking head with silly looking ears

I think I started to get good by trying to mimic Jebus

Recent head I'm making

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
I made this 2 weeks ago :^) I draw when I'm bored

Gian

Lorenz

Kesley

a PAWG :^)

Last edited by Karstnator; Sep 8, 2018 at 01:44 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
gago, ang laki naman ng noo ni gian HAHAHAH

nice drawings. problems are:

kesley's hand. try to use straighter lines when drawing hands, it prevents it from looking like a bubble.

gian and lorenz doesn't have a jawline or rather it's too narrow. try to widen it up a bit and add some BONE
:thinking:

I drew them while they were reading stuff :^)

Drawing hands are... :^(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER