Ranking
Original Post
Game not responding after clicking room list
I have this problem where the game crashes after I press room list in the menu. It does not happen always, I'd say the 70% of the times. Sometimes I can't connect to the server list for a longer period of time.

I don't have problems with the ping or with the /join command, just with that Room List button.

Pretty annoying.
So you use steam or standalone client? If you use steam you could have to verify cache, if you use standalone, maybe you need to update. You could also maybe meed to lower settings possibly. To verify cache on steam if you didn't know, right click the game in library om steam app, and click properties. Then go to files, and it's one of the options, verify cache or integrity, can't remember exactly. I know this has worked to fix this type of problem for me.
Last edited by MrMiyagy; Jul 15, 2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Typos and forgot to say something.
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
So you use steam or standalone client? If you use steam you could have to verify cache, if you use standalone, maybe you need to update. You could also maybe meed to lower settings possibly. To verify cache on steam if you didn't know, right click the game in library om steam app, and click properties. Then go to files, and it's one of the options, verify cache or integrity, can't remember exactly. I know this has worked to fix this type of problem for me.

Steam version. I verified the integrity of game files and it found 5 errors that should have been fixed but the problem persists.

Graphic settings shouldn't be a problem, I can run the game within 30-60 fps costantly.
Hi, I had a similar issue to this when I was using a restricted (college) network. Does your network have any restrictions or filters active, or are you using a firewall?
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
Hi, I had a similar issue to this when I was using a restricted (college) network. Does your network have any restrictions or filters active, or are you using a firewall?

Hi, actually since my home internet is down in this period I'm not using a router but an hotspot with my phone. Should it go back to normal once I switch back again?
It's entirely possible that your hotspot isn't as reliable as your usual broadband, or it may have some limitations. I can't promise anything, but I suspect that to be the issue.

Maybe you could test it out by trying TB on a public WiFi hotspot?
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
It's entirely possible that your hotspot isn't as reliable as your usual broadband, or it may have some limitations. I can't promise anything, but I suspect that to be the issue.

Maybe you could test it out by trying TB on a public WiFi hotspot?

Thinking about it I've had several other problems while using the hotspot and I can't do much but wait. The testing might not be so practical where I live.

Anyways thanks for your help.

I'll leave the thread open for now, once I get to test it or my internet is running I'll either close it or post here again.
Toribash will hang in the room list when it refreshes the list if you are on a slow connection. Improve your internet connection and this will no longer be a problem

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
Toribash will hang in the room list when it refreshes the list if you are on a slow connection. Improve your internet connection and this will no longer be a problem

The problem is not the connection speed, even with the hotspot I can easily reach 1 Mb/s in download. In the past I used to play with 0.1 Mb/s without having this problem.

EDIT: solved, it was a connection permits problem.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Aug 11, 2018 at 01:25 AM.