ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Can I lower my video card's ram?
I mean I have a HIS Radeon HD3850 which should have 512 mb ram but there are shown more than 2000 mb. The reason why I'm asking is, when I'm playing some modern 3d-games, such as Borderlands, Wolfenstein, Red Faction Guerrilla or COD4, my screen randomly freezes for around 10 seconds and then jumps back the time where it should be. So does anyone knows a way to lower the ram without using the ccc?
KiTFoX: "COMPLETELY DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAID. I SUCK COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF COCK."

Fura: What can I say? The pure definition of cool <3 ~BirdFlu

<RedDevil> Is it strange that Fura is the only regular Wibbler I like
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ⓄⓁⒹⒶ ⓋⒾⒷⒺ ⒶⓁⒶⓃ ⒷⒾⓈⒽ
Ohey look over there, a dancing dinosaur. :D
hanz0: The betting bot isn't programmed to scam anyone.

Fee: Fura you are fucking awesome.
lol thats actuly cool a 512mb card have 2gb
not cool the jumping
idk how underclocing program may help but idk

ur lucky to have a good card like that *stealing Fura's graphics card* and *runs away*
Last edited by war321; Dec 7, 2009 at 09:02 PM.
.:The Devils Apprentice:.
I don't the think the card is actually 2GB, I think the computer has misread the amount by a large amount. In fact your card is only supposed to have 256 megabytes and if it was being overclocked to 2GB... I'm fairly sure the card would begin to melt. It might be confusing your actual RAM with you card.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Try reinstalling the drivers, it could reset the value to the correct one. Also new drivers are always good to have.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Reinstalling the drivers didn't helped. :(
KiTFoX: "COMPLETELY DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAID. I SUCK COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF COCK."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ⓄⓁⒹⒶ ⓋⒾⒷⒺ ⒶⓁⒶⓃ ⒷⒾⓈⒽ

Hmmm, how much ram is in your computer? And what kinds of operating system is the g-card compatible with?

BTW what is your operating system?
I believe it's XP.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Well, is the g-card supportive of xp? If its a fairly new one it might only support vista and 7 and shit like that.
I have 4gb ram and os is vista ultimate x86, so it just uses 3.something of it.
And it used to run fluid until a few months ago...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ⓄⓁⒹⒶ ⓋⒾⒷⒺ ⒶⓁⒶⓃ ⒷⒾⓈⒽ

Oh boy, most people answering this topic don't know a thing about HyperMemory.... Have a reading please: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperMemory

Basically those "2GB" would be the hypothetical maximum achievable sum of both the dedicated memory in the GPU (GDDR) and the shared memory (DDR) on your computer.
The graphics card will only use the shared memory when needed. And unless you play games in tremendous resolutions, I doubt it will need more than the dedicated memory (512MB). So just don't worry about it. Keep the latest driver installed.

And of course your computer will only use 3GB out of the 4 GB you have installed. You have a 32-bit Operating System, which is unable to use more than 3GB of memory, like all other 32-bit Operative Systems (Vista and Windows 7 included) because of the nature of the 32-bit architecture. Only 64-bit Operative Systems will be able to use up to 128 GB of memory.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Dec 26, 2009 at 05:12 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi