ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Buying a Laptop. Need Advice
Ok so here is a computer i'm looking at that's in my price range.
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/lapt...ul80vt-a1.aspx
Here is the complete list of it's specs as well.
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=oJ2UcCTkGd6GG7Rs

So what i'm asking from you is to just take a look at it and tell me how well it is overall. I'll mainly be using it for school and gaming. And please, only reply if you know what you're talking about. Thank you in advance.

And if you have any other suggestions for a similar or better laptop in the same price range, please share.
Last edited by Snide_the_Clyde; Dec 18, 2009 at 07:28 PM.
What do you mean by "gaming". Playing some simple games or brand new epic graphic and physic engine games?
Clan Blood Leader
If you want a gaming notebook go to ibuypower.com, They have a nice one for 899$.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
Why didn't anyone listen to my suggestion of bying the components, and build your own? It works out cheaper.
Well, that's definitely not a gaming laptop.

You could probably play some older games. But I'm pretty sure most of the "new-gen", games require 2 ghz and up. It's more of a.. 'casual' laptop.

Edit: I just reviewed the specs. It might be able to play some new gen games.
Last edited by fistfury; Dec 19, 2009 at 12:12 AM.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Originally Posted by coloo View Post
Why didn't anyone listen to my suggestion of bying the components, and build your own? It works out cheaper.

It is cheaper and more effective. But, lets face it, the majority of people either don't know how to or are too lazy to first get all the parts (which must be compatible with eachother) and then put that together.
And if they could/would we'd have a lot less of small computer assembling/fixing companies, the kind of business I'm planning to start after I'm graduated.
Clan Blood Leader
Originally Posted by coloo View Post

That's not what this topic is about. Please stay on topic

Originally Posted by fistfury View Post
Well, that's definitely not a gaming laptop.

You could probably play some older games. But I'm pretty sure most of the "new-gen", games require 2 ghz and up. It's more of a.. 'casual' laptop.

Edit: I just reviewed the specs. It might be able to play some new gen games.

I don't need it to play farcry with full settings, just something to get me by.

Originally Posted by Hopea View Post
It is cheaper and more effective. But, lets face it, the majority of people either don't know how to or are too lazy to first get all the parts (which must be compatible with eachother) and then put that together.
And if they could/would we'd have a lot less of small computer assembling/fixing companies, the kind of business I'm planning to start after I'm graduated.

Stay on topic please.
Well, even so. You'll probably get a good 5-20 fps depending on the situation.

Good luck with finding a nice laptop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You wanted advice in buying a laptop so Coloo was atleast partially on topic actually.

Also, you'll likely be able to play a lot of games (even some considerably new ones) on low settings, but thats about it. If you want a computer for serious gaming, this isn't one.
Clan Blood Leader
Integrated cards like the ATI Radeon 3200 are good for gaming. They have plenty of vram and can run most games on medium if you have enough ram and a good cpu along with it.
By most games I mean new gen games btw.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]