ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
Linkin Park is DEFINITLY metal.

No, not even close.
Originally Posted by Juhizz View Post
lol'd

Also slipknot and disturbed are just fucking terrible

Slipknot is pretty bad overall but a few of their songs are good. Disturbed has some good songs, but only from their old albums (i.e. The Sickness, Believe).

Originally Posted by Peter View Post
hang on, you guys are saying bands as if you've listened to either one song and been like "yeah they're gay" or you are saying it because everyone else says it and you want to be "cool".

In my opinion, bring me the horizon are actually fuckin cool, as are Asking Alexandria. Their new album is real dope.

Avenged Sevenfold, yes, very bad, as are select Slipknot songs. Slipknot can be good, however.
I have the same mixed feelings over system of a down.

I hate any mathematic metal. Way to systematic. As with Escape the Fate, who are just bad other than The Guillotine II (this war is ours). That song's about halo and it's fucking rad.

I would also go ahead to say that Metallica really isn't that hot. Old thrash gone mainstream. Their old stuff is cool (don't I just LOVE saying that and getting people to agree with me just for the sake of agreeing cause it sounds like I know what I'm on about).

All that remains. One good song "This calling", all others I haven't been able to get into and surprisingly the same about Amity Affliction. They're sick and everything, but I only like their one song "Anchors" which is siiiiick.

Parkway suck. They were good and now they suck. I'm not elaborating.

Every bit of Alestorm sends shivers down my spine. Pirate metal is sick, check out the song "Nancy the Tavern Wench", big recommendation for any metal fans with good humour.

Um.. ok I'm done.

I'm not a big fan of Asking Alexandria or Bring me the Horizon, they're alright I suppose, but nothing I'd listen to.
I usually fancy myself listening to bands like Abysmal Dawn, Mudvayne, or Shadows Fall.
Last edited by Facade; Mar 15, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
what am i doing here
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
yeaaaah, true. I guess it depends on whether you like them or not. Check out Confession.
On much the same grounds but personally, they're cooler.

Breakdowns are good though!! At least I think so, moshing is heaps fun.

Check out Breakdown of Sanity, those guys. Holy shit.
Are you saying you don't like a song to be just a breakdown?

Breakdowns are fine in moderation, but it's just downright bland when the song is nothing but open note chugging.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set