Toribash
Original Post
The End of German "Hatespeech"
Hello friends, as I'm sure you're aware, yesterday in Germany was a historic day. The Bundestag finally passed a bill making same sex marriage legal. YAY Right?

Nope. While they certainly did the right thing legalising gay marriage, they also killed internet anonymity on the same day. Two birds with one stone.

You see, yesterday the Bundestag also passed the "Netzdurchsetzungsgesetz (GERMAN LINK)" ("Internet-enforcement-law" broadly translated) basically telling social media such as facebook and twitter in germany to actively look for what the state defines as "hate speech", delete it and FORWARD THE PRIVATE INFORMATION OF THE USER TO THE GOVERNMENT. If this doesn't freak you out maybe the fact that over the past several months there have been RAIDS in germany of people's houses who have been accused of online hatespeech and these people are awaiting trial and probably prison sentences for SAYING THINGS ONLINE.

Needless to say, this law is absolute nonesense and should be treated as such. The issue here is that while this bill only affects social media websites (and thus toribash forums should still be safe) there is a real danger that this law will be reinforced to eventually encompass the entire internet, therefore basically making Aeon illegal.

So that means if we suddenly stop posting, TheAnimal, me, Cobra or everybody else is probably in jail for online memes.

is it too late to come to Austria, threedog?

More on the Netzwerkdurchsetzungsgesetz:

More on the vote yesterday:

Last edited by Chirs; Jul 1, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
Cool
|Serbian|#BlameTheAnimal|RIP Zizhi and Beenyxd|LaG<33|[TA]|[OoT]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sadly we have to take care of stupid problems like ''allowing people to marry that usually are in relationships that big time don't last even for a year'' to get some distraction.
Now everybody can give their nice pride- like on facebook and forget about the fact that we are getting vanished slowly from the globe. It's a nice world we're living in.

Are you telling me gay people cant have lasting relationships

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Originally Posted by Reta View Post
Are you telling me gay people cant have lasting relationships

No