Toribash
For all you hip hop/rap heads out there, thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's DAMN.? I think it's pretty good but not as good as his previous album, To Pimp A Butterfly. Kendrick is one of my favorite rappers though, alongside J.Cole, Nas and Chance the Rapper. The meaning behind his verses though, deep as fuck. You could really feel his passion towards the music industry and how it affects his personal life. Not as good as the imagery and metaphors in tpab though. Also, how's Drake's More Life?
Master of the arcane arts
I really don't like stuff like kendrick or drake, in terms of hip hop I'm more into stuff like nujabes, cise starr, atlas, the old stuff from nok or even bones

been listening to more diverse stuff lately

synth

rock

pop

are you shy? That's cute ;)
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
For all you hip hop/rap heads out there, thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's DAMN.? I think it's pretty good but not as good as his previous album, To Pimp A Butterfly. Kendrick is one of my favorite rappers though, alongside J.Cole, Nas and Chance the Rapper. The meaning behind his verses though, deep as fuck. You could really feel his passion towards the music industry and how it affects his personal life. Not as good as the imagery and metaphors in tpab though. Also, how's Drake's More Life?

I like a few songs in 'More Life' but it sounds like Drake has developed some English accent which sounds quite nice but also sounds a bit annoying after a while.

I downloaded Chance's latest album today on apple music, it's not that new but 2 of the songs are pretty cool.
Also downloaded Sremmlife 2Deluxe Edition, I really like Swang and Look Alive.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
Name: IRL name is Melvin but you can just call me ruD

GMT: +2 (Sweden)

Favorite genre of music: anything related to Rock and Metal
Least favorite genre of music: ehm.. like dubstep or dansband (a kind of country music in sweden)

Favorite music artist: I don't really have a specifik one I listen to lots of different artist, but one that I've always wanted to see live is Rammstein

Least favorite music artist: -insert generic pop-star-

Favorite music sharing website: I usually listen on Spotify, but I use Soundcloud too, and if non of the above has what I want I'll just look it up on youtube

One example of your favorite music: I'll put a Swedish band here to honor my motherland
Last edited by 2ruD; Apr 20, 2017 at 04:52 PM.

quite a cool album, it feels like im being taken to all these different places while listening to this

been listening to breakcore again lately, this is still one of my favorite albums

im just gonna keep posting until this is alive again
(so get to it)
Yo
been into classical a lot lately, especially Seji Ozawa's recordings (reading Murakami - Absolutely on music). Digging the breakcore, especially the first one. Will maybe give the first three a listen after getting through my backlog of all the mahler symphonies, the nutcracker, and tristan & isolde.
it's so much easier to download music than to listen to it

I like Gardiners recordings of early romantic music. Authentic early music is a thing, but authentic romantic music still has some way to go. People mostly play romantic music as it's performed today, not how it was performed then. Nowadays there's a lot of focus on the technical aspects of orchestra playing and maybe that takes away from the music. I like to think gardiner is a bit closer to that ideal. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Yo
been into classical a lot lately

only just lately? lol

ive been listening to a lot of random mp3s lying around in old (e)mailing lists, blogs, and wikis of microtonal crap.

http://ripnread.com/listen/sing53-c5-slow.mp3

I actually love this, not sure what about it gets me

also small doses of Wyschnegradsky's preludes (sp probably), Ezra sims, always Ben Johnston

and i bought the Silk Road's when strangers meet hat they came out with like forever ago that i listen to all the time in the car