Ranking
Original Post
Alternative victory conditions

Disclaimer

I propose a new OPTIONAL set of conditons for a victory in Toribash/Toribash Next.

The conditions are as follows:

-You can set a specific amount of points x which you have to reach to instantly trigger a win.
(e.g. You set it to 100k points and once you or your opponent reaches it the match is over immediatly)

-If both players reach the pointthreshold in the exact same FRAME,not turn,FRAME the match will be counted as a draw.

-If no player reaches the pointthreshold in the given matchframes the match will be counted as a draw.

Alternatives/Additions

It would be fitting if the losing player is forced to relaxall after the pointthreshold is reached since it simulates a kind of knockout.

Deminik wrote a script once which emulates a lot of this already but it is appearently not possible to trigger a win once a player has reached a certain amount of points.
I will add the scripts to the attachments for reference.The pointlimit in these scripts range from 50k -150k points.

Any cnc or support is appreciated.
Attached Files
healthbar.zip (12.3 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Kane; Feb 7, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
I'm totally behind this. The most tactical and intense tb I've played, it's pushed me to be a better player overall. Health bars are an interesting idea alone, the possibilities they would bring for other mods and rule variants are vast.

Rushing actually affects the point limit rule-set much less imo.

100% do support
Originally Posted by Holotor View Post
Health bars would be very cool to have. Surprised this hasn't been implemented into the game already.
It would make clan wars, duels and events much more competitive, plus its fun.

Wouldn't health bars be very similar to a victory condition from points? Just looking at it from an objective to win point of view. I agree that however you put it ( first to X points ) or health bars, it would be a great addition and a new spin on how to win. No clue how hard or time consuming it would be to code for the devs to make it worth doing.

Not much else to say, new ways to win the game is a big plus. We have trigger effects which can be fun for some mods that can use them well. Mines, fencing, racing to a button, things of that nature. Adding a win by point threshold would be awesome. It'll give new possibility for events hosted by ES, as well as I can see it working in tourney servers too if they choose to implement them.

I can very well see this as an option in the Game Rules (ctrl + G) Toggle on if you want a threshold limit, then add the number of points to win.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

also win triggers by how high/far you are at the end of the frames is a good addition for sports mods.
Thank you,
Best regards

YES!

Thank you Sir,Hampa and Ed for the quick implementation of this!

few questions:

-What is the difference between pointthreshold and winpoint?
-Is there a way to force a draw when both players do not reach the pointlimit in the given matchframes?

In any case,awesome job.
Point threshold is old, it refers to the amount of damange that needs to be dealt to trigger points.
very cool

Originally Posted by Kane View Post

-Is there a way to force a draw when both players do not reach the pointlimit in the given matchframes?

maybe that's the "drawwinner" line at the bottom
Originally Posted by pouffy View Post
Point threshold is old, it refers to the amount of damange that needs to be dealt to trigger points.

Oh , yes, forgot about that plus we called the pointlimit,or winpoint now, also pointthreshold sometimes during the last few months.

Originally Posted by chlebicek View Post
very cool

maybe that's the "drawwinner" line at the bottom

mhm,maybe
Drawwinner is also old, it defines a winner in the case of draw. e.g. if drawwinner is 1, and tori and uke both end a match with equal points, then tori wins.