Toribash
Original Post
(SouthPaw) A Boxing clan lost to time
Uh, hey everyone. My name is Tardysoap and I'm in a boxing clan called SouthPaw.

I'm coming here for maybe some answers, maybe a revival, I dunno honestly. First I should probably explain myself because I haven't yet, so let me tell you the history of my clan. It's also worth mentioning that my general knowledge of the game is pretty weak, as I played a lot in 2013-2015 but basically hadn't picked it up since then about a week ago. Anyways,

Waaaaaay back in 2014 I was just messing around but quickly grown attatched to a certain mod. That mod was "realtoriboxing", see back in 2014 "Boxing" was known as "realtoriboxing". So I played on it quite a lot, like a lot a lot. Eventually I started talking to some regulars and it quickly became a friendly competition to rise to the top of the ranks (Back then each gamemode had a ranking system based off wins, and people started around 100,000 or so if I remember correctly.). My time climbing the ranks was one of the most memorable moments in this game for me. So many friends, rivals and enemies I met, lost to and beat. Around when I hit rank 1,000 one of my friends I played with quite a bit "HeroLegend" brought up the idea of a Boxing clan. Now I didn't care much for clans but regardless, my man set one up, called it "SouthPaw" and added yours truly to the leaders roster.

Something that just started with me and my bro became something of legend in the surprisingly large boxing community. People would see (SouthPaw) next to names and quickly knew they were about to get K.O'd. Several weeks later, and many new friends were added into the clan. Now I never bothered to visit the forum page of the clan I just so happened to be a leader of, with 2 other guys now, so I never posted or made my presence known on the fourms. I was known in the game, however. Now this much later in the game I was comfortably around rank 30, nothing to laugh at.

Now I wanna mention why rankings were so much fun in the boxing community, and why most people cared as much as they did, and why it made it fun. It's actually pretty simple. The ranking system added an extra level of pride and bragging rights in the game. People wanted those bragging rights, and to be known as better than others so they tried hard to climb the ladder. It also helped that the ranking system was identical to Boxing in the real world, albeit on a much larger scale.

Anyways, probably a month later and I reached my peak rank, which solidified my history in the game mode and on the clan roster. I was rank 2 in the world, higher than any of my clan mates. I was never able to beat Rank 1 though, "Sparbot". That guy was the biggest legend in the community. And while my clanmates rose the ranks with me, some being below 9 aswell nothing topped my rivalry with Sparbot for me. He had to have beaten me 90% of the time. Anyway, just as me and my mates were living the high life and having all the glory way at the top of the rankings, they took away the "realtoriboxing" server.

After that, I quit soon after for about 3 years. I just wasn't interested in anything but the boxing mod. Now, here we are, about 4 years later and I have absolutely no idea what happened in the time I was gone. I was disappointed to see the ranking system gone too. Just a couple of hours ago I decided to do some research because after playing for a good week or two, boxing only, I haven't seen a single SouthPaw member except 1. So I just googled SouthPaw in Toribash and finally I was able to see the sad history of my clan. Here's the thread: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=448772, it seems things ended poorly.

So I guess I'm here, as I think the last active leader of SouthPaw, to step up and maybe start up the clan again or something. One thing I will say though is that if I see any mean or disrespectful comments like I saw from a SouthPaw member I will remove them from the clan. I hope all of you enjoyed my story and can tell me anything else you know about what happened to my clan. Or if maybe you'd like to join I'd be happy to see if anyone can join me in conquering the Boxing mod again.
Last edited by Tardysoap; Jun 21, 2018 at 05:18 AM.
well first of all good story bro.. yea the rankings on rtb is definitely alot of fun. it was always very thrilling and exciting to play. You might remember me cuz we've fought before but that was a looong time ago. I see you're one of the first generation of rtb player when sparbot was ranked 1. I started during the second generation where Jvaldes was ranked 1. i can relate to your story about climbing up the ranks and meeting lost of friends,rival and enemies along the way. I was playing for about 2 months when i finally got to rank 6 (i was in rank 4 for a couple of minutes only until a white belt started kicking me which made me lose lol so i was back to rank 6). Yes these days you dont see much southpaw members anymore since the clan has been dead since 2016. Herolegend is never active anymore and only very rarely you get to see the old southpaw members go online for example like rjniscool, evilrage and a few others. i think the only reason why southpaw died was because it dosent have good management i mean the southpaw clan thread is not even complete the are lots of missing stuff. but from what i can tell you. rtb is getting more active again there are lots of new people and i can see some old players starting to come back to the game. There are new rtb legends now like spartunha who is really good. i think you should start playing again to see for yourself how this mod activity increased compared to 2016 and 2017. anyways thats all i have to say and im really hopping that you can comeback because if a lot of people start playing this mod again i think it will be the beginning of a new generation in rtb.
THIS COMMUNITY DIDN'T WISH ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY :(