Ranking
Original Post
Oh god, the job offers never stop not coming.
Since August, now that I've decided to stop going to school after graduating at the end of this year, I've been looking for jobs. Going into college, I was told a lie: Biomedical engineering is growing fast and is a wonderful major to study for industry jobs.

How fucking wrong that was. An into to the studies:

As a biomedical engineer, I've dabbled in a little bit of everything. Some chemistry, some biology, some physics. A little medicine, some team building. Some research. All good stuff. Every single subject has good job potential.

Wow, I must have a shitton of possibilities!

NOPE

At any engineering job I apply to, the same thing comes up, even before interviews. "You aren't the best fit for this job" more or less.
Because in every single subject is an engineering major who spent the last 4 years studying just that field, instead of spending a couple classes in each.
As a result, job prospects are limited to jobs that require more critical thinking and interaction skills than actual knowledge. That's great in a way, since I don't remember anything anyhow. But at least I'd be able to BS my way through interviews and learn whatever I need to on the job, like just about anyone else.

Instead, I'm applying to jobs that have nothing to do with biomedical engineering. Consulting, tech solutions, international aid, and hell even nuclear submarine officer. Ironically, all of these have been more receptive of me than jobs that are founded in research or development. Because they all prefer chemical engineers. Or mechanical engineers. Or computer science majors.

Because of the lie spread by my school when we entered as freshmen, there's a pretty good chance I'll be spending the next 5 years of my life in the middle of nowhere, freezing my butt off, helping people with medical software over the phone.

/rant about how shitty job hunting has been because of misaligned major

How's life going for everyone else?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
God damn, man. Yeah, that sounds about what I'm worried is going to happen once I finish my studies. "Market for programmers of all kind is growing!" Yeah I'm sure, and I'm sure all software developers want someone who spent over a year programming games... oh well.

Life's decent right now, wife just left Sweden after visiting for Christmas/New Year's. Been playing Smash 4, extremely good game even though I'm 100% terribad. Had an assignment over the holidays with a friend to build an AI for Starcraft Brood War which we're handing in today, guess I could post an update in a few weeks once that's been corrected. I don't have high hopes, but we might at least pass. If we're lucky. :P The BWAPI is fucking horrendous to work with, but I guess it was an enjoyable experience.

As always, I don't have a job. I'm too scared to look for one at this point, because TBH it's fucking embarrassing to have no decent education and no work experience when you're in your 20s. Ah well. I might get something this summer when I'm going to Canada. Wifey said she might be able to hook me up somewhere, we'll see.
MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY MODS ARE GAY