Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] *Insert Cool Name Here* Head Texture
Thanks to AlphasoniK teaching me tricks and tips on PhotoShop CS4, and the continuous help from him, I've created a new tribal head texture. C&C please.

I'm being told by Oyster that I should add eyes, but I can't seem to make it work with the rest of the design. Any ideas?
Send me the flat again on Skype and I'll try to help you out.
back from the dead
i think the design is zawsome
these accentrs with the spikes are starting to grate me tho...

think simple eyes. either a darker grey or white under the pink accents would be nice
sorta like this. flowing in from the bottom, flowing out at the top.
very rough, but you get the point. adding a pupil to teh eye is an option, unless you want to keep away from it being too figurative
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
To be honest, I see the middle pink accents as eyes.
Looks perfect to me O:
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Or just add another pair of pink lines under your current ones? Cuz right now, for eyes, the high pink lines are a bit too high and maybe a bit too narrow, personally speaking.

Call it....Fladnag. Gandalf backwards!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
To be honest, I see the middle pink accents as eyes.

if the downward parts werent there i would think so aswell

but because of how i make my own textures, which are figurative tribal/abstract. i see the accents as bars over the eyes. so eyes would still be needed
Just make another branch on the pink line, those will figure as eyes.

Call it "Hibana". It means spark in Japanese.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
I edited what Oyster did:

I don't think this is what you meant, but it looks ok:

I'm working on more styles.
the first one looks best, you may want to bring the eyes up a bit so the distance between the pink accent and the eyes is the same as the distance between the eyes and the new darker cheek section. just for consistency.

the second one, i really like the idea. how youve done the eyes is actually alot like my own head. where you suggest where the eyes are, but theyr not actually eyes.
but the same criticism as with the first version, bring the accent and the cheeks up to make the eyes a little thinner. where you have the eye accents, it sorta eliminates the need to have the first ones

my main thoughts on having thinner eyes, like in my example and my explanation is because of the pink accents thin lines compliment thin lines in this case