ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Debates
This is a place where you express your opinion of a matter to the rest of the clan. We will open multiple topics, and any new ones I will post up here

A couple of rules...

1: Stay on topic, if you don't, we'll set you on fire
2: Stay respectfull, everyone thinks differently, if you're not accepting of this, we'll set you on fire
3: Stay serious, keep the idiotic jokes out.

4: This is what a post on here should look like, exactly like this...

"On the topic of ____ ....

I think that blahblahblahblahblahblah"

Make it very easy for everyone to know what topic we are currently talking about, or we'll set you on fire.

CURENT TOPIC: Religion!

Desc: Tell us what you believe as far as religion goes, and why.

This is a dangerous one for some, so please keep it friendly. Don't tear anybody down for what they believe.
Last edited by Quake; Jul 26, 2010 at 06:10 AM.
I'll start

On the topic of religion...

I'm a christian, all the wayyyyy

The reason being: I was born in a christian home, but this isn't why I still am..
It took a lot of thought, and I came to the conclusion, that I have a very awesome life, and I didn't have really anybody to thank. And I thought...Maybe God cares about me, and he loves me, no matter what I do. So I decided to live my life returning the favor.
I don't have the most perfect life, considering my father died at age 7. But I like to look at the positive, and instead of blaming God for all of the bad, I am thanking him for all of the good.

I have been playing drums for about 4 year,s and already, God has given me multiple ways of showing him my love for him, through drums He's given me the oppertunity to play at my church, nearly every sunday, and while it is a great way to leanr to be better at drums, it's also a way to show my love for my creator

So that's basicly what I believe, and why.
As a child I was very religious, too. And not just because of my parents, but because of my own decision. I would go to church at least once in a week and I was very diligent with praying and such
. But then, as I became older, I slowly realised that the trust in god was more of a childish fantasy than a real belief. I began to realise the conflict between the priest's homily and the reality out there. I realised that the bible deals with most of the topics in an ancient and wrong way, at least in my eyes.
I think, that a religion which is against prevention and homosexuality (just to name two examples) can't be the right one for me.
Sure, that does not necessarely mean that there is no hyper natural power out there, but I don't feel the desire of going to church and praying some (to me) dummy instructions.
There are a lot of pseudoreligious people out there, who go to church every sunday and are the worst people during the week. (I don't mean you, of course ) Way more important is to get along with your life, your "fellow men" and yourself.
Still, I'm searching for something to believe in and I adore you somehow for having it.
Last edited by Addicter; Jul 26, 2010 at 01:37 AM.
Don't take me serious. If you feel offended... I'm just kidding.
First off, Cina, you have no idea how hard it is to be Christian on this forum. Some very nasty things going on here... I respect that TONS

Addicter, I really have no idea what to tell you because, well, I'm in the middle of this situation right now.

I started out normal: I go to church, do the stuff, go back home for a week and repeat. Then, I had confirmation class. After that, I felt this feeling that I never felt, when I got the oiled cross put on my forehead by my pastor and all the people saying "how proud they were" of me. Then... the feeling just gradually went away through the next few months. It wasn't until recently, when I started going to a new church, that I keep thinking about what Jesus did for me... and I keep thinking about The Passion (yes, I watched that. Once is enough, trust me) and what he went through to ensure that everyone would be here today, including me. And just last night, my dad had a calling to go help someone collect the hay out of their farm before it rained. I'm the complete oposite of physically fit, so I really loathed my dad making me go with him. But, after almost 2 hours or so of lifting hay without gloves, the lady that owned the farm stuck money in my back pocket. I checked it, and it was $50. Like, woah. I didn't know anything would happen for that. And I felt grateful for her and felt like it was meant for me to come there... It wasn't the money, it was the feeling that I helped someone. It still feels like a dream now. I don't know.

I'm just very confused at this point and just typing words that say what I'm thinking. I think I'm some sort of half-assing Christian because I hardly ever read my Bible and act like a total dick when I'm mad at the dumbest thing online.

Just... if you believe in this, pray for me and help me do what is right for my life
I DID SIR
HE'S MY COUSIN
Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the basic ideas of Christianity. Quite the contrary, I even like them and I try to follow them as well (not always that successfully, though )
I just think that I don't need the costoms and traditions, they are sorrounded with. These "costoms" have nothing to do with the real religion and they make it a lot worse than it could actually be, in my honest opinion.
Call me a minimalist, if you want... But that's my personal perception.
Last edited by Addicter; Jul 27, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
Don't take me serious. If you feel offended... I'm just kidding.
yeah, but in my opinion, christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship.

And like any relationship, there's things you need to give up to make it work. It's God, reaching out his hand, and asking you to be his friend. So you can live a better life, and you can live forever, with him, in heaven.

And there's no way I can prove to you that any of this is true, but it's what I have faith in.

I read in a book once, and it said if there isn't a God, and we cease to exist when we die, i have it no worse than you. But let's say there is a God, adn there is a heaven, and there is a Hell. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes :P