Toribash
Original Post
Toribash 5.33 Replays UI Closed Beta testing (Steam, Windows only)
Hi! We've got the first somewhat stable version of the new replays UI and are looking for more suggestions / comments on it.

New UI caches all replays from your folders and allows browsing them easier. Search has been upgraded to allow search by filename, replay name, author, participating players and tags.
You can create and control folders right from the game client, as well as move replays between different folders.
Current build allows to upload replays to Toribash servers, other online functions are coming with the next build.

Mainly looking for suggestions from replay makers as of now, but regular bug testing would be appreciated too.

To get access to the build, leave a message in this thread or contact me.
Let me just say the new UI looks great, nice and easy to understand and easy to figure out, at first i thought there was nothing to improve. But leave it to me to break it.
While searching for replays if you hit enter key on the keyboard instead of the "search" button the search goes idle as following:

And after hitting "Back to all replays" the UI becomes blank:

But this is easily fixed by exiting and going back. Using the search function with the "search" button didn't have any problems.

The second thing i tried to break was the tag. By clicking the "+" symbol in the right window "Tags: None (+)". By pressing the enter key on the keyboard you can add lines as such:

Entering 2 lines resulted in a "ddd..." tag at first, but after exiting the replay menu and coming back, there were 2 tags, 1 for each line (i didn't take a screenshot of this one). To test how much i could add at once i typed in 5-8 lines and the screen was as follows:

After pressing "To Menu" and trying to go back to the replays the UI was dead:

I could not access any replays. Restarting the game didn't work. Deleting the replay also didn't work.
I have some suggestions.

When you're watching an replay and you press ESC, it goes to the main page instead of going back to the replays folder, so if you want to watch another replay you need to go to the main page and press the replays option again. It would be cool if it redirects you back directly to the replays folder.

I saw I can't delete a folder is there's a replay inside it, so I have to delete all the replays first and then delete the folder. Would be a cool thing to give an option to delete the folder even if there's replays inside it, then the replays would go back to the main replays page.

I don't know if it's possible but it would be cool to have immediate replays result when you're searching for one instead of typing the name of the replay and then pressing "search". So if you type "MA" it will immediately show you the "Mack" replays, no need to press the "seach" button.

A "Move to folder..." button for each replay would be cool too.

Also, I saw I can't use the number keypad of my keyboard to name the folders and replays.

I'll edit this post if I have any other suggestion
R.I.P Static
Count on me, sir!
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
While searching for replays if you hit enter key on the keyboard instead of the "search" button the search goes idle as following:

And after hitting "Back to all replays" the UI becomes blank:

But this is easily fixed by exiting and going back. Using the search function with the "search" button didn't have any problems.

That one and all the latter issues you described were being cased by one-line textfields supporting newlines. Fixed it with today's update (the only multiline input box should be replay description when uploading a replay). Thanks for pointing it out.
To get the ui working again, delete or clean replaycache.dat file in your replay folder.

Originally Posted by Life View Post
I have some suggestions.

When you're watching an replay and you press ESC, it goes to the main page instead of going back to the replays folder, so if you want to watch another replay you need to go to the main page and press the replays option again. It would be cool if it redirects you back directly to the replays folder.

That looks to act same as it did earlier, loading replays right after you launch game client (without going to SP/MP) doesn't loop them afterwards. Can be changed though.

I saw I can't delete a folder is there's a replay inside it, so I have to delete all the replays first and then delete the folder. Would be a cool thing to give an option to delete the folder even if there's replays inside it, then the replays would go back to the main replays page.

Done in today's update, removing a folder that has other folders/replays inside now moves all the replays to parent folder first.

I don't know if it's possible but it would be cool to have immediate replays result when you're searching for one instead of typing the name of the replay and then pressing "search". So if you type "MA" it will immediately show you the "Mack" replays, no need to press the "seach" button.

Not entirely sure about searching right during input but I've made enter button act as "Search" button in today's update. Same for adding custom tags, pressing enter now adds a tag as if you pressed a button.

A "Move to folder..." button for each replay would be cool too.

Not sure what you meant, moving replay to a different folder is available in Manage Replay window.

Also, I saw I can't use the number keypad of my keyboard to name the folders and replays.

Should be working now.

Sent alpha branch codes to people who posted too.
Update:

Just pushed the latest build live, it should be available now to people who singed up for closed testing.
New features:
- Community replays (replays uploaded to Toribash servers)
- New replay rating system with comments section
- Lots of fixes and usability updates

Anyone who finds a (new) bug and posts how to replicate it gets 10k.
If you don't have access to closed testing branch, contact me on forum or discord to receive the access code.
I think i have found one. Though i don't know if it qualifies as a bug. As far as i understand every text box doesn't have a character limit, which leads to crashes and freezes after a few lines of text. I have tested with the search text box and tag input box.

Another one is there is no recognition on already downloaded replays and you can press "download" multiple times on the same replay and add to the "downloads" count, although it doesn't create new files in the replay folder.

When the game drops frames for a sec it basically types out 1 letter a lot, which would probably make the freezing thing worse leading into a spiral that leads to a crash.
(also adding space and hitting "enter" makes the text jump in a weird way as shown in the next screenshot)

Also when you type certain symbols it adds \.
(1st line every possible symbol on my keyboard; 2nd line all the symbols but +shift key (note some didn't change); 3rd line numeric keyboard)

While uploading.
Trying to mess with the tag system i did the following:

In this case after the sentence left the (tag) box the window didn't follow the text and showed the first inputted words and it showed "..." and i couldn't see what i was writing anymore.
After submitting:

In this case you weren't able to scroll and see the whole description and the tags were completely gone. Because i didn't want to spam the server i didn't do any other tests trying to see what caused the tags not to show up.
Last edited by Jack; Sep 1, 2018 at 08:55 PM.