Toribash
Original Post
Strange fps drop
My laptop usually runs toribash fine at 60 fps, but when I opened toribash today, it dropped to about 9 fps, made a series of staticky noises, then crashed. So I restarted my computer, and tried to start it again. This time, it gives me the "preparing to launch toribash" message for a while, then the game opens up, says that it isn't responding for a while, then finally opens. The game now runs at about 17-25 fps, but still makes strange static noises. I've been trying different things (restarting computer, logging out of steam, logging out of tori forums, deleting replays and other stuff on my computer, etc.) for a while now. I'm not too great with computers so I'm clueless as to what the problem could be. Anyone know?
Hi Bobmantha, I'm sorry to hear this happened.

Have you tried updating any outdated software and drivers?
When my fps drop I usually have to many programs open, toribash can lag tf out of your computer so be aware of that. It might have something to do with the type of pc u are playing on it might be told old.
-----
You might also want to play on a lower quality if you are playing on laptop. Unless you have a gaming computer of course. Then there might be something wrong with your computer.
Last edited by iSea; Nov 22, 2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, and when I play I will kill you. :) See you then <3
If your graphic card is fully updated and if there is no problem with other games, then your computer is fine!

Try to re-install Toribash, If that still doesn't work; then there are some technical solutions you can perform:

1) Keep your laptop cool, around 50C ( use cooling pad)
2) Blow out all the dust from your laptop cooling fan. Here's a great tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74agkgZdzkI

(If above solutions still do not work then try these one's too)

3) write this command in-game: /opt fixedframerate 0
4) Don't toggle your chat, or if it gets filled up, then do /cl

My toribash still runs at 15-20 fps when i don't perform those fixes even though, it used to run on 60 fps few months ago.

Hope these solutions work for you!
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the