ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Over][ES] BEANIES!

Science has known for many years that a man's happiness is directly proportional to the swag of his beanie. This simple style of hat is such an integral part of our culture as a species, that we thought it was about time to introduce them to Toribash.

Now is your chance to follow in the footsteps of many great men from history. You will have the chance to design YOUR OWN BEANIE!

You will have 1 month to make a creative, awesome beanie design. As voted on by our trusty ES team, the best 2 designs will get a personally-made beanie from our item forgers of their design.

The plain beanie which you will be designing a texture for is shown below from a few different angles. You should edit these screenshots to show us your design.

The beanie

Alternatively, you can edit the .tga file used for the item here

Shortly following the event, plain coloured beanies will become available for the general public in exchange for ST.

- No plagiarism. We will find out. And when we do we'll smash your teeth in
- Any submissions which look low-effort or look like they might be a joke may be ignored
- Only 1 submission is allowed. You can edit or replace an old submission, but make sure you replace the artwork in the original post and let us know in a new post
- Any submissions made after the deadline will be ignored
- Your design must be clear from the screenshots. If it isn't completely clear, your beanie may not turn out as you'd planned
- Fuck money get bitches

1st place: A custom beanie of their design, 3 extra beanies to sell or give to friends and 3 ST

2nd place: A custom beanie of their design and 2ST

3rd place: A coupon for a free beanie item when they're released to the public and 1 ST

July 1st, 22 GMT
Attached Files
head.obj (50.9 KB, 163 views)
Last edited by Moop; Jun 2, 2016 at 11:25 AM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
I'm definitely giving this a shot, might be a chance to get even a 1st or 2nd. Thanks for hosting another Event!
Nice
Ima make the swaggest beanie
Doing art requests, PM me on discord Propialis#0839
(Enf)(Thief)(Mythical)(DukeL)(1st)(Penta)[py][REV](Mafia)[TA]
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
So only one entry per person?

Also, will there just be 2 designs? no default white?
I really like it just white.

Only 1 entry per person, yes. Once the event is over, the beanie will be available to the public in a few plain colours (probably including plain white). The only people who will have the designed beanies are the people who come 1st and 2nd in this event! (Unless they want their design to be available for purchase alongside the plain ones, I guess that's a conversation we'll have with the winners at the end of the event)

Originally Posted by PixelateTori View Post
Count me In :P

two questions
1. Who do you give the screenshots to, or do you just post it on this thread?
2. If you win, are you allowed to make small adjustments?

Post the screenshots in this thread when you're done. If you use the screenshots and win, the IFs will create a textured beanie with that design and probably check it over with you before finalising the item. If you use the .tga image to create your beanie, the IFs will only make minor adjustments if there's some small, easily-fixable issue.

Originally Posted by Carnivorax View Post
I'm definitely giving this a shot, might be a chance to get even a 1st or 2nd. Thanks for hosting another Event!

You're very welcome. I look forward to seeing your design

Originally Posted by karanawesome View Post
Ima make the swaggest beanie

Good luck!
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

Do we have to keep the stripes or can we go out the box and texture it as something that wouldnt really be considered a beanie but still looks good using the beanie model?
Sup nerd
Originally Posted by Headles View Post
Do we have to keep the stripes or can we go out the box and texture it as something that wouldnt really be considered a beanie but still looks good using the beanie model?

Do whatever you like! We haven't got any specific judging criteria other than how dope it looks

Time for myself to finally compete in a Event, prepare for the worst.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

Do we need to post wips or just the final product?
Doing art requests, PM me on discord Propialis#0839
(Enf)(Thief)(Mythical)(DukeL)(1st)(Penta)[py][REV](Mafia)[TA]
Originally Posted by karanawesome View Post
Do we need to post wips or just the final product?

No need to post WIPs if you don't want to

I might try it too.

Originally Posted by Reta View Post
Time for myself to finally compete in a Event, prepare for the worst.

Exactly my thoughts haha.
Last edited by Zephh; Jun 3, 2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: moop god damnit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static