Toribash
Re: Girl v3
Originally Posted by byon
ah. brilliant work.
what software did you use to create that?
;)

He uses poser for that.
Originally Posted by Kaze
Thankya, but the more I look at it, the more I realize that her shoulders are too pointy, and her ear looks weird.
?

Great work so far, Kaze. I [-love-] it, she's a real cutie of an avatar :X

The ear I think is a bit too sharp compared to the rest of the face. Blur vs. Sharp i mean. Maybe less dark shadows and something more pastel? I'm not sure the parameters of the program you are using - for shadows - but if you could make the shadow'ing on the ear a pastel of the skin color, just darker, I think that might help out with the "sharp" look it's getting. That just might make it stand out less and give the whole piece a nice flow from head to toe. Oops, im a poet and didn't even know it. O.o

Shoulders need more polygons. MORE POLYGONS CAP'N!
Originally Posted by Krin
Originally Posted by Kaze
Thankya, but the more I look at it, the more I realize that her shoulders are too pointy, and her ear looks weird.
?

Great work so far, Kaze. I [-love-] it, she's a real cutie of an avatar :X

The ear I think is a bit too sharp compared to the rest of the face. Blur vs. Sharp i mean. Maybe less dark shadows and something more pastel? I'm not sure the parameters of the program you are using - for shadows - but if you could make the shadow'ing on the ear a pastel of the skin color, just darker, I think that might help out with the "sharp" look it's getting. That just might make it stand out less and give the whole piece a nice flow from head to toe. Oops, im a poet and didn't even know it. O.o

Shoulders need more polygons. MORE POLYGONS CAP'N!

Thanks for the thought, but I'd already fixed the neck thing after I got home the next day, I'm still deciding exactly where I'm going to put her, I rendered an animation for her on a bridge in bryce, i just have such a shitty home internet connection, I couldn't upload it to my photobucket, because the internet timed out before it finished (which is sad, because it's only a 5 meg file).

The shadows themselves don't really have parameters, I just didn't do any face work on her at all, (hence the blank stare on her face), otherwise I could of applied the different riggings on it to make it a little bit smoother, but the shadows themselves each have their own global effect, and I see what you're talking about, but I'm not going to make specific things for use in the 'poser world' that I can't take with me into the 'bryce world', of which, one of those is the lights.

The best thing I think I can do is either distract attention away from the ears by placing more emphasis on something other than her ear specifically, angle the light so that it's in shadow, or alter the hair I'm going to use so that the hair covers it up. Of which, I haven't decided which.

I'm hoping i can just use a different hair, because I don't like the way it is currently, I need something more straight, but free and open, not so bound and conservative.

I was given this image to work off of as a general guideline for mood, and tones:
You did pretty well as the picture you were given was 2d(obviously)
Culapou for gamekeeper!
And I keep getting told by him that "anything I do will be great" which worries me, because I'm a bit worried that he might dislike it, but just be too nice of a guy to want to say anything. But then again, he's a really nice guy, and he might just like it THAT much. I guess I should plug his music too.

<.<;;

<Shameless.Plug>
http://www.alexsouter.com/music.html
</Shameless.Plug>
His music..um..is...well..err, you see this thing is...he.....well sorta sounds like a washed up Beatle singer O.o;;; or like he's out of breath, heh.