Ranking
Original Post
Relax discord language filter
The discord bot is quite annoying because of how restricted it is towards language. Fuck and shit are literally never used against someone yet i cant say both of them (unsure about shit but still an issue). please just make it more flexible

Thread title changed
Last edited by Kore; May 22, 2019 at 09:24 AM.
Find me ingame and duel me
Personally, I agree to a point, but I don't care if it's there too.

I get why it's there though, the audience of Toribash appeals to teens. Language like that is not suitable for children and just having a general filter so people don't have to see it is nice.

I can direct sir to this thread seeing as he's the owner of the server. His word is final even if thousands were to agree that the filter should be gone. It's not causing any harm having it, in fact it's probably negating some.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

i think restricting speech is unhealthy for a game like toribash, it's not a game that appeals only to children like roblox or club penguin, its a game for all ages, mainly teens like ed said

im not gonna have a huge rant on it because im not even in the discord server, but restricting speech makes things less fun in general. the n word, and homophobic slurs, and other offensive words should 100% be filtered, but not 'shit', 'fuck', etc
you just dont understand ed! do you know how much of a hassle it is for me to not cuss? having to constantly RETYPE a message without the cuss because the bot removed it? its torture, pure torment. I type at a solid .2 wpm so mistakes can take hours to fix or redo. this is blasphemy.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
do you know how much of a hassle it is for me to not cuss?

How exactly does your inability not to swear in every single message you send prove that bot's word filtering should be removed? It won't delete messages containing "shit" by the way, banned word list mainly contains racial/homophobic slurs + some words like "fuck".
Toribash is a verified discord channel which implies certain message quality standards. There's no filtering in #off-topic, so if you're that bad at keeping your messages civilized you can still chat there with no problem. Keep in mind that staff members will still likely delete your messages if you start using obscene language too much / in order to harass other users.
I believe by unquoting me specifically sir is acknowledging he gets it but I do want to point out I’m joking before the tori gods smite me.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة