ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Real depressing, slow, and meaningful songs
Yo, whats up lads (and lases?), I'm looking for real depressing, slow, and meaningful songs. Song that make you take a step back and go "Holy hell, I need a feels transplant" and so on. As examples:

Things to look at when picking songs: Lyrics, melody, over all atmosphere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HELLO

that should be enough for now.
twilight galaxy has that generic meaning of 'do what you want', but it's more of the sounds that interests, and also reminds me of a space-like atmosphere and how soothing the elements combine to be. the repeating chorus also seems to have the ability of sending me to sleep, as if it was just like counting sheep.

this modern love speaks for itself, how it can drag you down as you try your hardest to please your SO, and is just really beautiful to listen to, especially with headphones since the left and right ears are used in a pattern as if its a duet. if you like this song you should definitely look into other songs on the album along with most of bloc party's music.

our hell is a song by the lead singer of metric (twilight galaxy) and just feels melancholy, yet pleasant at some points. it's quite rare for me to like a track that is mainly narrated by the piano, so it really must be something special to please me. also the chord progressions + the video.

hong kong - only a b-side off of the outstanding gorillaz(basically experimental damon albarn) album 'demon days', but, these b-sides are usually at the level of arctic monkey's standard, and that is pretty impressive. true enough, the whole song captures the chinese style of music and sunset atmosphere of a peaceful day in asia(probably). the strange string instrument known as the guzheng is used here to keep the calm melody interesting and really accompanies albarn's lyrics nicely. even till the end of the song it continues to impress, with the instrumental fading out being pure beauty.

if you need more i have more
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
I've a shitload of stuff to post for you, and I can't really decide which not to post, so fuck it I'll post them all.

Lets start with the very beginning.

Then some more recent blues.

A little detour by the 90's

(classic)

(classic²)

(should be a classic,but not well know [full album])

Some more recent various stuff, wide range of genre.

And I'll end on shameless self promotion

deprav you're automatically cool in my book for posting spiderland

also I like the James Blake, Neurosis, and Arcade Fire picks

Here's a few that get me

[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
More bit on the modern side,

Stay strong, Demi, really the feels. ;'(

Watched the movie (The Fault in Our Stars)? Then you'll easily get the message and video of the song, Ed, why you make me cry? T_T
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!

Moonshake Moderated Message:
confirming accuracy of post
Last edited by Moonshake; Jun 30, 2015 at 05:57 AM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUpvTMis-Y MCR is one of my favorite bands so I had to put them up here. Sorry I don't know how to make it a video I only know how to do links.
Swan Ninja
Some of best musics ever in my opinion, maybe it's because i've seen the anime, but everytime i hear this masterpiece i can't stop feelings.

Last edited by WeppetKo; Jun 18, 2015 at 02:19 PM.