ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Customisable Forum Signatures
So I propose that we have customizable signature pictures.
For example being able to have bigger text size. Being able to have a marquee.
Being able to have the [.customslideshow=auto=1;] tag.
Or hey maybe even bigger sizes.
I think this would be a great Idea.
Let me know your opinions, please. <3
Last edited by Samurai; Oct 11, 2017 at 02:38 AM.
From what I know most of the things you said are exclusive for Smods and admins.

I have seen some smods with slide shows on their sigs, etc...

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Yeah I know this.
That doesn't change my point I think for x amount this would be great.
I think giving people more customization on forums would be greatly appreciated.
Because most of the coolest things on forums can only be done by staff :/
For example, only devs and I think maybe admins can have that usertitle where its kinda like a clickable box. Then a prompt comes up.
Yes, I think this is one feature that could stay exclusive.
But things like marquee and slideshow signatures would be great.
I think a lot of people would back this idea.
Would be a great thing, although I don't agree with it being added to vip, maybe a new subscription specifically for it?
I don't see it getting added, as admins and smods want to be special or whatever.
I support it nonetheless.
Pretty sure slideshows can be implemented by anyone already, there's more or less no permission restrictions that can be applied to signatures beyond pictures. Registered users are only restricted from using [list], [code], [php], [html], [quote], [img], and smilies, and to be honest I'm not sure why quote is disallowed. I'll change that if no issues crop up with it.

You guys can already use most other BBcode in your signature, though obnoxious things like [youtube] are forbidden in other ways.

There are some things that can only be done in signature by some very specific staff members (as in, most admins don't have it) who have HTML embed permissions -- registered users will never be given this permission for perfectly sane security reasons, sorry.
Thank you for clarifying as I was told by many staff that slideshows didn't work for ppl who aren't staff.
To use them you have to have Tp or Vip cuz you need more than 2 lines.
I just wish we could use marquee tools on our signatures like staff can.
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Thank you for clarifying as I was told by many staff that slideshows didn't work for ppl who aren't staff.
To use them you have to have Tp or Vip cuz you need more than 2 lines.
I just wish we could use marquee tools on our signatures like staff can.

I tried a while ago and it allowed me up to 4, so idk honestly
I tried the slideshow BBcode and it does work when you preview it but the moment you save it, it doesn't appear as expected.
-
Last edited by Theory; Oct 16, 2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Originally Posted by Theory View Post
I tried the slideshow BBcode and it does work when you preview it but the moment you save it, it doesn't appear as expected.
-

That's what I was sayingggg it only works for mods.
I knew I wasn't stupid.
Its kinda like how on your clan page the slideshow doesn't show up.
On the discussion thread, however, it shows up fine...
This should be a purchasable feature. Either make it purchasable or fix it is what I think they should do.