Toribash
I'm not sure I like that kind of rule(the whole differing from the original replay thing), but that's alright. I had fun imitating space shuttles as tori. I'd still like to know what the actual record is though. :P

By the way, the extra height doesn't have so much to do with less weight; it's more to do with having something to push off of in midair. If I had thrown my legs or hand or something that'd be different.
Originally Posted by CapnCrunch View Post
I'm not sure I like that kind of rule(the whole differing from the original replay thing), but that's alright. I had fun imitating space shuttles as tori. I'd still like to know what the actual record is though. :P

By the way, the extra height doesn't have so much to do with less weight; it's more to do with having something to push off of in midair. If I had thrown my legs or hand or something that'd be different.

It's both. Tori's legs exert x ammount of force. Force is mass * distance. So if force is constant and you decrease mass, distance is increased, effectively giving you faster acceleration and more speed.

A record beating replay should follow the same constraints as the original, seeing as the original was accepted as a valid record idea. Sometimes a change is good, but only if it is more difficult or something that seems more record worthy. I go on a case by case basis.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
It's both. Tori's legs exert x ammount of force. Force is mass * distance. So if force is constant and you decrease mass, distance is increased, effectively giving you faster acceleration and more speed.

A record beating replay should follow the same constraints as the original, seeing as the original was accepted as a valid record idea. Sometimes a change is good, but only if it is more difficult or something that seems more record worthy. I go on a case by case basis.

I know what you're saying and I get the reasons and all, but I feel like saying some sorta piece :P

1. initial force was applied to the tori's entire weight, so it doesn't work out that the same force was applied to less weight. it's true that I ripped myself in half to get more distance, but the extra distance was entirely from the force applied at that time(effectively took some of the momentum still in the legs and moved it to the arms). if there had been no force applied midair, no more height would've been gained.

2. force is mass * acceleration. in this case it doesn't make a difference, but I'm just sayin'
To go back to what you said before,
Originally Posted by CapnCrunch View Post
I didn't throw a hand or something else small and easy to move, which would be totally out of the spirit of this.

You're bringing in a qualitative measurement into this. What is counted as "the spirit of this" can effectively be decided by the individual making the replay. In your replay, you've taken it to splitting yourself to get higher. Someone else could do the same sort of jump but throwing an arm down as well, to gain extra height. By the end, you'd have people jumping and then throwing their hand up in the air. Really, would this be a jumping record anymore?

Now, if you can tell me some sort of quantifiable method that this record can still be measured by when dismemberments are involved then, please, be my guest. The way I see it right now though, the fairest thing to do is keep dismemberments away from this record, as has been said by posts above.
Like I said, I'm fine with dismemberments being excluded. It'd be nice to have things like that spelled out for those who haven't visited the records section before.

If you really want a quantifiable dismember-included method(not saying it should be this way, this is just to answer your challenge), you could say that at least 50% of tori's body mass has to be naturally attached to whatever marks the peak. But that'd be a pain in the ass.
Ah yes, I knew it was slightly wrong. But acceleration is meters / seconds squared so my statement is still true. Also spirit killing etc. The book of records isn't about loopholes, it's about being really fucking awesome.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well