Toribash
Original Post
Bet Server
So bet servers are really popular in toribash and I thought that there should be a way to quickly add in all the basic set ups for bet servers in one command like "/setup bet" or something like that. I thought this would be a good idea to make it much simpler for those who aren't familiar with all the commands. I think this would help a lot if it was added.
Last edited by Dylan; Nov 10, 2016 at 11:49 PM.
The issue with this is not at all bets are hosted on the same mod so something like betframes could be off. A tutorial on the forums on bet servers could be nice though. I will gladly make one if nobody else does tomorrow.
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
The issue with this is not at all bets are hosted on the same mod so something like betframes could be off. A tutorial on the forums on bet servers could be nice though. I will gladly make one if nobody else does tomorrow.

well yeah you are right but I mean it could be a command that just adds in the very basic commands for example it will automatically set you up as owner, but you will have to set the password yourself. Or it could simply put something like minbet 100 and stuff like that all in one command to make it quicker. And of course if you don't like it you can always change it yourself or set it up from scratch command by command.
Just following this tutorial should be enough I think: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=375178

you do remember that to use a command, we firstly have to code it ? Giving a hours of works to the coders, for something which decrease the time on making a room by 30 sec...

Not supported
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung
alright well I'm not saying that I don't know the commands but I just see a lot of people wanting to make bet servers and they don't know what commands to do but yeah it's not really a great idea I guess.
just made a tut, listing all the commands I remember off the top of my head.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
i think what you need is more like a script than a new command,
something that you will run it and it will setup all the basic bet commands,
perhaps try the same request at the mod thread.
Idea is fine, although a little bit of a workload for the devs to make.

Could it be a better solution to have the option in little boxes to tick under the textbox for the server name that appears when you click "create"?

(would be potentially more coding than what you are suggesting. But it's a possibility)
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
i think what you need is more like a script than a new command,
something that you will run it and it will setup all the basic bet commands,
perhaps try the same request at the mod thread.

If I remember correctly, many of the commands which you would want in the script cannot be called by lua
May be easier for people to host betservers, but I think people hosting betservers should know what they're doing, and therefore a detailed forum tutorial might prepare them better for what's to come. Unless you prepare them in the ingame tutorial.