Toribash
Hah, pretty awesome. I didn't get far at all, it's pretty challenging. I like the idea of the stronger static guns and the slightly weaker controllable gun. Nice job shook.

+rep for you sir.
very nice, my final score was 200. Couldn't be bothered to put much effort :v

May I ask what programs you develop these games in?

Repped, as well.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"

okay, so now that I have played the game, time for critique.

My first big turn off was that the lack of any music. I don't expect you to have an orchrestra, but a little 8-bit tune would be nice. The sfx were fitting, sound of lasers never get's old. beating the game wasn't too hard, all you have to do is strafe and the boss won't hit you. you should make the enemies easier, the boss harder. he should have some kind of super beam that takes up half the screen.

The control was great. It wasn't stiff or choppy, it was smooth and responsive, good job. for a small game, the graphics were great, but a few extra colours would be nice.

I am aware that this is just an experiement but you should just tweak a few things. It would be cool if you could choose the colour of your ship or even it's weapons. anyway, good job, fun game.

edit: how many bosses are there? I fight on guy at the end and then the score board comes up, are there more level?s
Last edited by ivolt; Jun 26, 2010 at 05:00 AM.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Originally Posted by ivolt View Post

okay, so now that I have played the game, time for critique.

My first big turn off was that the lack of any music. I don't expect you to have an orchrestra, but a little 8-bit tune would be nice. The sfx were fitting, sound of lasers never get's old. beating the game wasn't too hard, all you have to do is strafe and the boss won't hit you. you should make the enemies easier, the boss harder. he should have some kind of super beam that takes up half the screen.

The control was great. It wasn't stiff or choppy, it was smooth and responsive, good job. for a small game, the graphics were great, but a few extra colours would be nice.

I am aware that this is just an experiement but you should just tweak a few things. It would be cool if you could choose the colour of your ship or even it's weapons. anyway, good job, fun game.

edit: how many bosses are there? I fight on guy at the end and then the score board comes up, are there more level?s

It's a beta. Calm your shit.
Thanks for all the love, guys. I really appreciate it.

@Boredpayne: Please do, i'm eager to hear your thoughts. Also, i might switch to WASD in the next demo.

@Ryukendo99: Hee hee. But worry not, for that boss is actually supposed to appear at level 5, not level 1. I might have to upgrade it for that level though. :>

@Slycooper: First question: Not sure, but i think it might be the same codes all round. Just different codes for the various levels to start at. If you don't want a headstart, don't go looking for the codes on the internet. :U
Alternatively, completing the boss fights at level 5, 10, 15 and maybe 20 will just unlock the ability to start at the next level, eliminating the need for unlock codes.
Second question: They already do. :U (Wedges give 10 points, Blockfaces give 20, boss gives 1000)

@sidieldani: Ah yes, i see what you mean. Thanks for pointing it out.

@fistfury: Game Maker 8.

@ivolt: Most of the issues you've mentioned will be addressed later. The version you've played is just a very early beta/alpha, and it's still missing a LOT of content. There will be more levels (20 in total) and more bosses (4 in total), so it's still far from finished.

No news right now, i've just woken up recently and haven't done any developing today. :U
However, i've had an idea. Instead of having a new enemy pop up with every level, one of the current enemies will be upgraded at even-numbered levels, and a new enemy will appear at the odd-numbered levels. Should provide enough variety to keep things interesting, and it saves me a lot of work. =P (Like, the Wedge will be upgraded at level 2, new enemy at level 3, Blockface upgraded at level 4...)
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
How about a team mate? Rack up a certain amount of points or reach a certain level and you'll meet up with a friendly? I like that idea :v.

All it will do really is just shoot with you. I think it could be a nice attachment.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
shook have You played Warblade? Check it out and think about borrowing few ideas to add to Your game.

Btw. pretty funny
Warblade? Sounds familiar, but i can't quite remember it. I'll have to check it out.

@Samurai: Let's be realistic; how many people have access to two mice as well as enough room on their desktop and keyboard to allow two players at once?

@fistfury: Hmm, decent idea. I'll think about it.

Also, i can assure you all that the next level will give you a seething hatred for wedges. All kinds of wedges. If you thought that Wedge ships were harmless, you will be proven wrong. :U
Level 2 is around... 50% done i reckon.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
It's a beta. Calm your shit.

I'm not mad, they're just suggestions for the full one.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say