ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
fps over graphics?
so i remember posting in a thread where it was about whether you want your game to look good or have fun gameplay.
figured it'd be nice to have a thread about fps as well.
personally, i prefer fps over graphics, but as long as my fps doesn't go below 45 on max settings, i'm happy with it.
Last edited by Hours; Jun 8, 2015 at 01:14 PM.
M I N I V A N
FPS of course, I don't like playing a game with low fps but with awesome graphics.
*Would like to have a balance of both tho..*
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
FPS. I at least want to match monitor frequency (160hz) but the more the better. I'm here to play games not look at a slideshow lol.

Graphics are the least important part of games, gameplay being the most important.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Jun 9, 2015 at 12:01 PM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
FPS, I don't mind playing with ugly graphic. And also I think it's pretty fatal if you play a game like action game, FPS or other similar types of game if you only have a low FPS.
But sometimes I like to switch the graphic to a better or best setting if I want to take a screenshoot.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
I played console games most of my life so I like games to be between 20-30 fps, but things like aliasing etc... don't bother me. Have yet to have a computer that can run games like skyrim/oblivion/fallout 3 at high settings even without aa etc... So I balance it out by using the highest textures available (I rarely dl higher res ones) with lower settings elsewhere. for skyrim specifically, I set settings to medium then max out textures and view distances (except grass, depending on how many mods I have) and minimize shadows.

Tl;dr I like a balance of smoothish fps and high textures just for looks. other things idc like fog quality, shadows etc...
shadows are important from graphics imo.

having a balance is the best if you have a semi-decent graphics card. as one who has a potato pc i'm forced to play games like dota 2 with the lowest settings to get a chance to play (even then, the fps is 20 but i got used to it) if your computer has up-to-date specs then you can use max graphics without suffering too much fps loss.
How is this even a question, I don't think anyone want high quality graphics without decent fps to back it up. But lets repeat the same statement 50 times with slight alterations for the sake of it.

Hurrdurr I play csgo and I use low graphics to get higher fps because I like fps and playing without it is bad, fps is good mkay 60 fpsess
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
How is this even a question, I don't think anyone want high quality graphics without decent fps to back it up. But lets repeat the same statement 50 times with slight alterations for the sake of it.

Hurrdurr I play csgo and I use low graphics to get higher fps because I like fps and playing without it is bad, fps is good mkay 60 fpsess

This is pretty accurate.

I mean, think about it.
Yea you have your game on ultra settings, but you are only getting 15 fps. So can you really enjoy the experience?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FPS.

It's nice to have AWESOME graphics.
But lets be honest, who likes playing with 30 fps. even if constant.
not me at least
I like them both but... will give an example;
-My temporary pc cant handle cs source on high graphics with high resolution.

-So I can do high settings with low resolution or low settings with high resolution.

-And low settings with low resolution which means higher fps is way better than them.

Confused? K. Nothing to do .P

Btw I'd like to have max settings with max res and 60 fps tho.
Last edited by IBlackleon; Jun 8, 2015 at 10:33 PM.
Leon The Black