Ranking
I'm young enough to wish j was doing something so... Also, all the negativity I feel coming out of this thread, was expecting people to be more jolly. I guess since we're talking about careers it won't go that way with most people. I don't know though, I'm young and now so much from helping people and counseling them, since I was 12 hears old. So I have a level of understanding to things. I've never really worked though so. ^_^
nah there is no negativity,at least from me,just trying to help and hope
you do get to do what you like x)
I don't know for you, but I live in America, and if you really try, you can do it. So much opportunity that even if you don't get what you want you can at least do something close to what you like to do.

So I am sure I will be happy with what I do in life because for one I'm not a quitter and even if I don't get what I want I will find some. Thing to do, and if I can maintain a family with what I get, that's good enough for me.

P.S. I also see you're a custom belt, I need like 500 more games ugggggh, so close.
maan,i would love to live in America,especially now that you guys legalizing,my dream job would be to open a coffee shop (yes really)
perhaps having a second floor working as a music studio,so nice xD

i did not mention that i live in Greece,where most things are at least,fucked
xD
Originally Posted by nikosefs View Post
now,if i was an epic producer or something and could make a living just by doing my own music,
that would be awesome,but you can't make a living just from that.

Not with that attitude, anyway. If you don't have hope that you'll succeed then you won't succeed because you won't devote yourself fully to your craft (this is related to the psychological concept of 'grit'). Of course, you gotta be unique and talented to succeed also. People make it and they become successful/famous, so why can't you - Somebody's gonna make it, so be that somebody.

I'm a musician. I sing, play guitar and I write my own songs. I've only been taking this seriously for about the last 6 months (before it was just a hobby), but I've been paid to perform.

That said, I am getting financial support from the government for studying (music performance course), so I'm not entirely self-financed. When I'm no longer studying I'll throw myself fully into gigging and I'll give away a small percentage to a booking agent who'll set me up with some regular spots. I should be able to gig enough to earn enough money to survive. I know several people who do this.

I used to study all sorts of different academic shit with the expectation that I'd go into one of those regular 9-5 jobs. I've come to realise though, that I'd sooner bite my fingers off than waste my time doing shit that I don't enjoy. So I've turned what was my hobby into my career path. I'm fiercely independent, so working for a boss and being told what to do is like poison to me. I'm much happier doing this than anything else I've ever done.
Last edited by Ele; May 5, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
My hobby is woodworking, and it's always a good second option for me because it has good money to be made, with just a good lump of money for investing into doing it. Like getting all the machines and tools. So yeah I can see why you'd do that.

Well America may do deficit spending, but no offence, any time Greece gets money they waste it all and then ask for more money from countries. That's really the issue there. I also don't think you mean coffee shop? Also, what are you talking about legalizing? Legalizing what exactly? XD
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
My hobby is woodworking, and it's always a good second option for me because it has good money to be made, with just a good lump of money for investing into doing it. Like getting all the machines and tools. So yeah I can see why you'd do that.

Well America may do deficit spending, but no offence, any time Greece gets money they waste it all and then ask for more money from countries. That's really the issue there. I also don't think you mean coffee shop? Also, what are you talking about legalizing? Legalizing what exactly? XD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legali...._jurisdiction
i meant that kind of coffe shop xP

Greece has a huge problem and the government is not willing to change it
because this is how they get elected,they promise things that they can't do
like keeping all the lazy workers in the public sector and giving pensions
to 45 year olds that probably never really worked in their life.

In short i agree with the opinion you guys have about Greece because it is correct.
Last edited by nikosefs; May 5, 2017 at 02:16 PM.
Yeah well I mean I try to keep up on world history, also I knew if that's what you meant by coffee shop, I live in Pennsylvania so. I don't care for that stuff, smirking it or anything. It is great for the state taxes though
I will say that much. XD

Anyways, as for job go, do you at least enjoy what you do and whatnot and are you happy with your life thus far? I think I subconsciously wanted to make this thread to see how happy people are with their lives and try to find other sanguine people like me. XD