ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
+Textures?!?!?
so how do textures really work like do i just download a template i know how to make faces and stuff but im just confused on how to make em for toribash and why do i need to buy the head thing in the shop and what are so different about the different sizes? as you can see i have the slightest clue on how to even begin customizing my tori so please if someone could just make the whole run down slow and simple for me it would be much appreciated

PS.if none of this makes sense please forgive me im currently having a panic attack and cant put words together so easily :3
Originally Posted by Sleevy View Post
how to make em for toribash

I can understand this in many ways...

You know how to do stuff with an image editing program, but don't know how do the textures in Toribash work out (I can't explain it very well... either)

Check the templates from the Textures page. Click the template link to see them properly.
The templates should be fairly easy to get how they work, but I'm explaining them just in case.

Head Texture
Front = The side that is facing your opponent.
Right = When looking from behind your Tori, it's the right side of the head.
Left = When looking from behind your Tori, it's the left side of the head.
Back = Opposite side of Front.

Breast, Chest, Stomach, Groin, Pecs and Feet Textures
Bottom = The side that is facing the ground.
Back = The opposite side of Front. Notice how the text is upside down; make the stuff for this part, then lift it upside down. I don't know the reason for this.
Top = The side that is facing the sky.
Upper Side = From behind of your Tori, this is the right side. Notice how the text is sideways; make the stuff for this part, then lift it 90 degrees to the left.
Note: Even though Pecs and Feet Textures have left and right parts, the template doesn't change. For left Pecs and Feet, the upper side of the template is the right side. For right Pecs and Feet it's the same.
Lower Side = From behind of your Tori, this is the left side. Notice how the text is sideways; make the stuff for this part, then lift it 90 degrees to the right.
Note: Even though Pecs and Feet Textures have left and right parts, the template doesn't change. For left Pecs and Feet, the upper side of the template is the left side. For right Pecs and Feet it's the same.
The empty part doesn't appear in game.

Biceps and Triceps Textures
In = The side that is facing the ground.
Back = The opposite side of Front.
Out = The side that is facing the sky.
I don't know why hampa decided to make them In and Out instead of Bottom and Top.

Hand Textures
Bottom = The side that is facing the ground.
Back = The opposite side of Front.
Top = The side that is facing the sky.
Out = From behind of your Tori, this is the right side. Even though the text isn't sideways, make the stuff for this part, then lift it 90 degrees to the left.
Note: Even though Hand Textures have left and right parts, the template doesn't change. For left Hands, the upper side of the template is the right side. For right Hands it's the same.
Lower Side = From behind of your Tori, this is the left side. Even though the text isn't sideways, make the stuff for this part, then lift it 90 degrees to the right.
Note: Even though Hand Textures have left and right parts, the template doesn't change. For left Hands, the upper side of the template is the left side. For right Hands it's the same.

Leg and Thigh Textures
Front = The half that is facing towards your opponent.
Back = The half that is facing away from your opponent.

Icon

Picture found here
No template. Draw anything you feel like and it appears as you wish... Hopefully.
This item has a special resolution. I don't know the size for this, but it's smaller than 100x100... 80x80?

Flame Particle Texture
No template. Draw anything you feel like.
Remember to invert the colors, otherwise they won't appear as you want in game.

DQ Texture

Picture found here, thanks goes to Gorman for making it
Just draw in the white part. Other parts you can leave white, transparent, whatever. It won't appear in game.

Ground Texture
To Tori = To Tori
To Uke = To Uke

Bumpmap Textures
The templates are the same for these. Just bump 'em

Motion Trail Textures
To hand or foot = When looking from behind Tori, up.
To arm or leg = The side that faces the hand, wrist and triceps.
To body = When looking from behind Tori, down.
To trail end = The side that faces away from the hand, wrist and triceps.

GUI Textures
Sorry, but can't help with these. The templates were there sometime ago, but apparently they have removed them.
No idea why. Gotta nudge 'em ToriShop admins.

256x256 and 512x512 Textures
If you have read the text above, then you should understand these, too. Hopefully they'll make 256x256 templates so that we don't have to struggle with the edges.

...Or maybe you meant how to get them work in Toribash?
In that case, FUCK. I have typed a whole lot of text for nothing!!

Anyways, step-by-step:
1) Make/Get the texture(s)
2) Buy the according texture(s) from the ToriShop (check the drop-down menu under Textures to see other Textures), from the Market or from the Items board
3) Upload them in the Textures page of ToriShop
4) Open Toribash and go to Free Play or Multiplayer (join a server)
5) Let the textures load peacefully
Warning: Don't quit the game while the textures are uploading! This will create .tmp files in your custom folder. You can try deleting them, but often it doesn't allow it, and thus you gotta reinstall Toribash.
6) Enjoy them!
Currently the Texture upload feature doesn't work, so you gotta be patient until it'll be fixed.

and why do i need to buy the head thing in the shop

If there wasn't anything to buy, everything was free, there wouldn't be this awesome economy!
Plus, Nabi Studios has to earn money somehow so that they can keep Toribash running. People buy TC -> ???? -> PROFIT!!
You don't want the servers to go down, do you?

and what are so different about the different sizes?

The higher resolution, the better quality in game.

Picture found here
Left is 512x512, right is 128x128. See the difference?
256x256 doesn't have as high quality as 512x512, but it still has more quality than 128x128.

Hopefully I didn't miss something...

Ooh, suddenly this post became a mini-tutorial. Awesome.