Toribash
Original Post
Building a PC
Hi.
Ive had the idea of building a computer in mind for a while now.
I came up with a build yesterday, but I have no idea if its any good
Ill deal with the mouse/keyboard/monitor, just need help on the other parts.
My budget is preferably around 700$, but I can go up to 750$ if necessary
Im shooting for a gaming computer that can run most new games.

Pics of the list cause links hate me (Big Picture)

Last edited by 3RadicalE; Jun 8, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Hum? Your link seems to be broken.
Anyway intel core i3, 5, or 7 is strongly recommended. Also, р good RAM memory, about 4GB would help.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
you have an amd fm1 socket motherboard selected with an intel core i3 processor... that wont work...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813157271R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115074

those two will work together if you want intel with everything else that you've selected. if you want amd look for an AM3 socket motherboard and an AM3 socket processor.
You don't say?
i wouldn't build an fm1 based chipset pc if you want it for high end gaming. you won't have the cpu performance you would like to have because the a8-3870 is what's called an apu meaning it has both a gpu and a cpu on the chipset.

if you're buying a mid to high end videocard with the setup you're wasting money on the apu.

the am3 series cpu's have more performance and have better performance when paired with a mid to high end videocard AND you can upgrade them if you get an am3+ motherboard. fm1 doesn't have an upgrade path.

you want 64 bit windows also for 4+gb of ram.
Last edited by Organ; Jun 9, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
You don't say?
you need an am3+ motherboard for the cpu, you selected an intel socket 1155 motherboard and an am3+ cpu..
You don't say?
yea it looks good otherwise, but if you can spare $20 for the 6870 i would get that instead of the 6850
You don't say?