Ranking
Original Post
My new computer wont turn on
Its only been 2-3 weeks and I already have an issue w/ my new gaming computer.
It will not turn on!
Before it started this, it was fine and had now problems.
Last thing that I thought was weird was when I shut down the pc, the monitor turned off but the computer was still on(windows had also shut down)
So I clicked the power and it did not turn it off. So I unplugged the cable to and it turned off. Few hours later, I come to turn it on and it doesnt turn on at all.
Could someone plz help, I would highly appreciate it since I dont want to waste $500.

I have windows 7 home prenuim 64-bit installed. Here are the specs:
4gb RAM
Intel Pentium dual core 3.0ghz
Nvidia 240 GTX
TForce 945P motherboard
Imicro 450watt power supply

EDIT: This has been fixed thanx to organ
Last edited by darkspace; Dec 18, 2010 at 01:29 AM.
I'd like to a famous youtuber. =3
You like COD? --- >MONTAGE<
unplug, plug in, click on button, see what happens?

unlikely that the PSU has failed, but possibly.
Your actions wouldnt break it
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Ive tried all that but still no, I did open the build and the motherboard isnt touching the case(phew)

EDIT: posted some pics to see if you could point anything out:

(Those two dots are lights that go to the power supply)
Last edited by darkspace; Dec 17, 2010 at 04:35 PM.
the power supply should have an I/O switch on the back. try flipping it and pressing the power button on the front of your case
You don't say?
Already did that nothing. If the mobo or the power supply already failed then im going to be very
frustrated.

Is it weird for the monitor to turn off and windows shut down but the computer stays on?
That's a pretty nice computer. I have a Mac though. Is the power completely out?
That feels good. I like it when you touch me there... mmmmh. That hurts...ow ow! Click Here Much better.
I dont know what you mean, do you mean the power supply is out or the eletrical socket?
Both, outlet and power supply. Do you use a surge suppressor or one of the powerstrips? I found that was my problem when my parents got our Macs.
That feels good. I like it when you touch me there... mmmmh. That hurts...ow ow! Click Here Much better.
We just have electrical sockets in the walls. oh and the outlet works fine but idk if the power supply is out or not. I have a little light that turns on when the power cord is plugged in.

**Also the monitor will detect my computer if it is hooked up to it.
look in your manual for your motherboard for a bios reset pin. if you can't find it remove the battery instead on the motherboard and remove the power for 10-15 seconds and with the battery or pin still removed plug in your computer and try to turn it on. if it turns on and tries to load turn it back off and place the battery or pin back on to the motherboard.

here's an edited pic showing where the battery is that you should remove to try this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by Organ; Dec 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM.
You don't say?