Toribash
Original Post
Building a Computer. Need Hardware Advice
Hey guys, I really know next to nothing about computer hardware so I figured why not ask here to get some help, so here goes.

I would like to build a pc that can play most of the current high end games and some older ones such as ES4 Oblivion, Fallout 3, Blur, Just Cause 2, Left 4 Dead, TF2, etc.

Id like to have at least 4gb of ram, but I could always upgrade that at a later date, so that's not much of an issue.

My main problem is that I know nothing about which Graphics cards are best or what mobo to buy or what cpu I should get, that's where I need some help.

Id like to spend between $500 and $800 on the pc, but that doesn't include the monitor, I'll get that separately so do not worry about figuring in that price.

If possible, please link to whatever site you found the part and price on so that I can do some more research on my own as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
newegg.com
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 -$136

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 - $160

RAM: CORSAIR 2GB DDR3 - $24

HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3R 1TB - 100$

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Motherboard - $95

Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular - $75

Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 - $49

DVD Drive: SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD/CD Burner - $18

Total: $657. That leaves the rest for a mouse/keyboard that you want. You could possibly get a 500GB HDD if you aren't going to store much. This was done fairly quickly so you could probably get something cheaper.
i agree with onamist except for the memory. there is a noticeable difference between 2-4gb in memory and spending a little more to get 4gb will give you that much better speed improvements not just in games but in windows.

where memory really affects isn't the fps but the load times. it will affect how games play if you have 2gb of memory it may affect the fps and you may see some slow downs in game but with 4 you won't have this problem as often. i only say as often because generally people run games with a browser left open or another program or multiple programs open still and having more memory will allow you to run those programs and games simultaneously without as much of a strain on the system.

i suggest this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231180
You don't say?
Thanks Onamist and Organ for that helpful information and for the links you guys gave. This really helps me out a lot with figuring what I need to get.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by bloodyguy View Post
buy dell

Getting a delll duddeee, but no he is building his own pc, you get more for your money that way.
APEVIA X-Dreamer
Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz 4M shared L2 LGA 775 Processor
Intel BOXDP965LTCK ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA 256-P2-N445-LX GeForce 7300GT 256MB 128-bit