Toribash
Original Post
The Market Squad Is Recruiting

Market Squad is recruiting!
Market Squad is looking to pick up a few trainees. Wanna give it a shot?

What do Market Squad members do?
The job of the market squad is to moderate the Market section of the forums, as well as to investigate scams posted in Scam Reports. While these are our primary duties, we also intervene in-game with duel scam related cases and lurk around the #support IRC channel.
Due to that, you should be aware that the position requires a considerable amount of your time. The market section is a big part of the forum and has a whole list of rules you'll need to enforce. Keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to apply.

What do I need to become a member of Market Squad?
First and foremost, you need to be active around the forums. Having some experience with moderation and the market helps but is not necessary. If you get in, you'll learn everything you need to know over time, we have a trial period for a reason. Having some infractions, even those in the market isn't a big deal. If you have a lot recent ones or you were banned recently, it will be harder for you to get in.

How can I apply?
Applications are free form so you can write whatever you think is important.
Send all your applications to one of following guys: 2WC, Daedalus, Druggedpanda, Moonshake, phail, Pimp or Powas.
DO NOT POST YOUR APPLICATIONS HERE.

What happens next?
The recruitment period will close whenever we've gotten a satisfactory amount of applications or a given amount of time has passed (assume roughly a few weeks). It will be announced here and the thread will be closed until we decide who we want to accept. Please be patient, as you will receive a PM if are successful. Do not PM squad members asking about the status of your application. If you are not contacted or on that list then you have been unsuccessful in your application. Due to the number of applications we get, we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications.

If you have any general questions, please post them in this thread.

Note: this is a pretty useful resource if you're having trouble getting started

Good luck!
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Originally Posted by Mani View Post
no i was just wondering

You don't get paid being apart of staff, you are doing this out of the kindness of your heart and to better the community, there is a possibility you may receive some sort of payment of some kind, but don't expect to get paid for it!
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
If you're applying for the free handouts, then I'll let you know that there really aren't any worth noting.

Unless all you want is a colored name, in which case, I guess you can get a colored name by being a valuable part of an important staff group where you get to interact with lots of people and hopefully not become mortal enemies of any of them. If all you want is the colored name though, you probably won't make it through trial (and thus never get a colored name).

Joining the staff teams is a good way to make yourself heard and to make things happen. Please feel free to bring your new and interesting ideas to the table, feel free to try and make interesting things happen. If you actually want to get something done, and to actually make things happen, then you're a lot more likely to get recognition and respect from both staff and the community.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Please feel free to bring your new and interesting ideas to the table, feel free to try and make interesting things happen. If you actually want to get something done, and to actually make things happen, then you're a lot more likely to get recognition and respect from both staff and the community.

#triggered
Unless your name is Ele, in which case you can go get fucked you shit-stirring troll.
Last edited by Ele; Jul 26, 2016 at 05:19 PM.
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
You can always step down, noone will keep you in the team against your will. As long as you clearly communicate your problems and issues, there should be no problem whatsoever.

Now, I believe this would also include a learning experience. So, say an issue you're trying to handle is too complicated or you're confused on what action you should take.

Contacting another Market Squad isn't frowned upon, right? Because I would like to apply. But, I am a little self conscious with what things I'd first deal with right off the bat and wouldn't know what to do in full.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Not an ms, but during my ES trial period contacting the rest of the team and asking for help was totally encouraged
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
Now, I believe this would also include a learning experience. So, say an issue you're trying to handle is too complicated or you're confused on what action you should take.

Contacting another Market Squad isn't frowned upon, right? Because I would like to apply. But, I am a little self conscious with what things I'd first deal with right off the bat and wouldn't know what to do in full.

You could say that our motto is 'better to ask than to fuck up' so yeah, it's good to ask someone else for input if you're unsure how to proceed. Trial period should give you some insight on most cases but there is always something that can surprise you.
retired
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
You could say that our motto is 'better to ask than to fuck up' so yeah, it's good to ask someone else for input if you're unsure how to proceed. Trial period should give you some insight on most cases but there is always something that can surprise you.

Alright. I was making sure there was a trial period where there was some kind of "teaching"- more like support to right yourself to make sure there are no horrible fuck ups.

Thanks Powas.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
If you get trial, there are threads that we have which explains how to do things, etc.
As long as you read all of those and basically learn what you need to do and as well as asking questions for confirmations about things that aren't so clear, you should be fine during your trial.

We'll walk you through it and give you a hand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
So lets say a trial or brand new Msquad handled a scam or something and they didn't do it right, what would happen to the said person?
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash