Toribash
Original Post
Toribash server maintenance
Ohai thar.

As some of you may or may not have heard, Toribash will undergo some rather heavy maintenance in the near future. Along with a general overhaul of more or less everything, Toribash will migrate to some brand new and shiny hardware, as the current steam-powered system from the 1800's is at the end of its life cycle. And no, an exact date for this has not been set yet, but it looks like some time early December.

What this means to you primarily consists of two things:
First of all, there's A LOT of stuff that needs to be moved. Some of the moving process has already started, and this might affect performance. And example of why we prefer to get a head start is that there's one directory of ~80Gb where the content changes all the time, and we take any headway we can get. Hint: textures
Secondly, during the actual migration, some downtime is to be expected. While the vast majority of the content can be transferred with the system is live, there is an estimated period of 30 minutes to an hour where everything will be down while the last bits and pieces are put in place. Might be more, might be less, depending on how fast the remaining bits and pieces get synced over. Once the core stuff has been completed, and tested fine, services will be brought online as they become ready. For example, and from the looks of things, once the complete blackout is over, the game will be fully playable, and the forum will be fully functional, while torishop (partially or fully) will not be available until later.

Before you ask a question regarding this, I would like to point out that the autistic number-crunchers in the basement haven't been flogged enough lately, so they have not produced a whole lot of useful info that can be shared at this point. Relevant and important info will be posted when it becomes available, such as exact time/date for the downtime. Everything will be properly announced in good time.
Last edited by Jarmund; Nov 25, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
Originally Posted by rjayquin View Post
anyways out textures,joints, items. . . etc will
not be lost?
anyways good job

It'll all continue the way it was on the old servers. Textures, TC, mods, PMs and all the like will carry over.
Silly question:But,may this lead to the return of clan servers? ;)

Also,good luck with the process,the downtime will be worth it.
Originally Posted by Tessh View Post
Good luck.
This will affect the in-game servers aswell?

Yes
Originally Posted by William View Post
Silly question:But,may this lead to the return of clan servers? ;)

Also,good luck with the process,the downtime will be worth it.

__
William would be nice
Jarmund the servers clã returns?^.^?
ill just say great job but is this the toribash 1st maintance?
Just got an Mp3 player and broke it >Click<

Originally Posted by Playboy9 View Post

Playboy9: Not really it the past years I've played they had some maintance cause of some errors. All the servers couldn't be connected ;3
So I don't think it's our,Toribash, 1st maintance.
Lol I also remember when the whole forums site got shutdown cause of some *Classified Info* <- Oh Idk if I can talk about it so I'll just put that instead of the other word :3 ;3
:) "We are happy that Vox is gone = Corrupt and Abusive. He Deserves it." -Toribash Community
Originally Posted by Playboy9 View Post

1st maintenance of this magnitude:
- First time the servers get renewed
- First time this amount of data has to be shuffled around
Last edited by Jarmund; Nov 28, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
Originally Posted by Jarmund View Post
Ohai thar.

As some of you may or may not have heard, Toribash will undergo some rather heavy maintenance in the near future. Along with a general overhaul of more or less everything, Toribash will migrate to some brand new and shiny hardware, as the current steam-powered system from the 1800's is at the end of its life cycle. And no, an exact date for this has not been set yet, but it looks like some time early December.

What this means to you primarily consists of two things:
First of all, there's A LOT of stuff that needs to be moved. Some of the moving process has already started, and this might affect performance. And example of why we prefer to get a head start is that there's one directory of ~80Gb where the content changes all the time, and we take any headway we can get. Hint: textures
Secondly, during the actual migration, some downtime is to be expected. While the vast majority of the content can be transferred with the system is live, there is an estimated period of 30 minutes to an hour where everything will be down while the last bits and pieces are put in place. Might be more, might be less, depending on how fast the remaining bits and pieces get synced over. Once the core stuff has been completed, and tested fine, services will be brought online as they become ready. For example, and from the looks of things, once the complete blackout is over, the game will be fully playable, and the forum will be fully functional, while torishop (partially or fully) will not be available until later.

Before you ask a question regarding this, I would like to point out that the autistic number-crunchers in the basement haven't been flogged enough lately, so they have not produced a whole lot of useful info that can be shared at this point. Relevant and important info will be posted when it becomes available, such as exact time/date for the downtime. Everything will be properly announced in good time.

This has been an overly long updating process I still can't join any servers none even appear! It says if i try to join twinsword tourney via create method "Failed to connect to lobby 66.230.224.102.22001 socket wsa error 10006"! What is this! it's been like this for almost a month now...