people playing: 87, servers online: 28, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

  Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 12, 2018   #51
DarkEmber
Member
 
8th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 74



Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Thats a large read but from what i just read, you dont seem to take into consideration that with the legalization of marijuana comes regulations for it. Not just go down to the store and buy a join, thats not how it works. For example, Amsterdam. Shoddy can tell you, coffeeshops and such are not allowed to sell marijuana as you are not allowed to smoke it in un desgiznated public places. Marijuana, at one point was already legal through out the united States, making it legal again would cause a lot less problems that most people undersrand. Smelling marijuana driving down the roD is much different from smoking it. If you are driving and you pass through a cloud of marijuana smoke youre nit going to get high, common sense and basic understanding of wind and air movement should explain that for itself. I have been soking weed for years now, my grNdfather has been all his life, 68 years old and still going strong. If we look at even the most prevelant weed smokers we can see that only in very very rare cases, do any of the develop any sort of health issue from smoking marijuana. You really dont understand how easy it is to buy weed on the street. The united states have spent billions of dollars, around 25 billion to be exact, to keep marijuana and other drugs being imported into the country. They reported that they were able to obtain .00003% of all drugs imported with 25 BILLION dollars. Now tell me the legalization of marijuana wouldnt help the economy.

Let people smoke weed chill out and stop killing each other. No one trusts the American government anymore not after water gate. But if you really think the legalization of weed can hurt the country more than trump can well shit in stead of marijuana, I might as well go choke on some nuclear radiation for some R & R

(Sent from phone not fixing typos i keep fat fingering)
Tl dr weed is good. if you don't think so youre probably a conservative who thinks if they turn around fast enough, theyll be able to catch a glimpse of the void.

Besides my view on drugs, I'd consider myself to be quite liberal, but that's besides the point.

Granted, you won't incur much risk from one off exposure, but what about children who grow up in households where weed is smoked regularly? They will be exposed to secondhand smoke regularly, and although you won't get high from inhaling the smoke, there are still risks, much like with secondhand cigarette smoke.

Okay, maybe you can't just go down to a cornershop and buy a twenty pack of joints, but it is still easier to source. I personally, sheltered little bitch that I am, have no clue where I would get weed. I don't know anyone who smokes the stuff, so I have no clue where to get it. If it were sold legally, not matter how regulated, you could still get it easier.

It is not valid to say "My granddad has smoked weed for over 50 years, and is not dead, therefore weed is not unhealthy." Not everyone who smokes it will develop bronchitis, stroke, cancer, mental health issues etc. Enough will for it to be a health risk.

When I say that legalising cannabis is probably not that great for the economy, I'm mostly talking about the UK economy, as that is where I live. It could potentially benefit the US economy due to the private healthcare system, but to be honest, I'd recommend a better healthcare system, since the poor are essentially left to die if they cannot afford health insurance.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
DarkEmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2018   #52
жMicah
Senior Member
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,236



Originally Posted by DarkEmber View Post
Besides my view on drugs, I'd consider myself to be quite liberal, but that's besides the point.

Granted, you won't incur much risk from one off exposure, but what about children who grow up in households where weed is smoked regularly? They will be exposed to secondhand smoke regularly, and although you won't get high from inhaling the smoke, there are still risks, much like with secondhand cigarette smoke.


It is not valid to say "My granddad has smoked weed for over 50 years, and is not dead, therefore weed is not unhealthy." Not everyone who smokes it will develop bronchitis, stroke, cancer, mental health issues etc. Enough will for it to be a health risk.

first off weed second hand smoke is nothing like a cigarette, unless youre hotboxing, youre not getting high from someones second hand weed smoke. You dont see people hot boxing cigarettes do you? no, because they don't want cancer. You see people hot boxing weed, why? Because 9/10 worse thing that's going to happen to you is you're getting a ticket. Doesnt matter what it is obviously putting smoke into your lungs is bad, if you dont already understand that before going in youre probably just stupid. The question is if I can smoke a cigarette that has been proven multiple times over and over to cause so much harm, and take lives, why is it that I cant legally smoke something that has a much much much much lower risk to take my life or someone else around's life and even help me with my depression and illnesses? But that cigarette that is killing children daily is alright?

-Rest in peace Kota, love you bro.-
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2018   #53
DarkEmber
Member
 
8th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 74



Originally Posted by Micah View Post
first off weed second hand smoke is nothing like a cigarette, unless youre hotboxing, youre not getting high from someones second hand weed smoke. You dont see people hot boxing cigarettes do you? no, because they don't want cancer. You see people hot boxing weed, why? Because 9/10 worse thing that's going to happen to you is you're getting a ticket. Doesnt matter what it is obviously putting smoke into your lungs is bad, if you dont already understand that before going in youre probably just stupid. The question is if I can smoke a cigarette that has been proven multiple times over and over to cause so much harm, and take lives, why is it that I cant legally smoke something that has a much much much much lower risk to take my life or someone else around's life and even help me with my depression and illnesses? But that cigarette that is killing children daily is alright?

You misunderstand. I am not saying that smoking cigarettes should be allowed. That should be banned too. As I said before, weed can help with very specific illnesses, and even then, it's not weed, it's the active ingredients, mainly THC. Obviously, if it can cure cancer or whatever, it should be allowed medicinally to cure that. I'm going to point you to the NHS article I linked in an earlier post again because weed is a detriment to mental health, and contributes specifically to psychotic illness, as well as the physiological detriments.

Obviously you won't get high from secondhand weed smoke, but that is, frankly, the least of your worries. The thing is, most people don't understand the weed smoke is harmful, because they think "Well, it cures cancer right, must be fine." Unfortunately, stupid people, as you put it, have to be protected from themselves, and others have to be protected from stupid people.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
DarkEmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2018   #54
жMicah
Senior Member
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,236



But how is it not common sense that inhaling smoke will hurt you? Be protected from what? If a stupid person is smoking weed they arent harming anyone else, everything with in the smoke is being absorbed i to there blood stream the exhaled portion compared to a cigarette is basically harmless.

There is no way to argue that weed shouldnt be legalized in someway shape or form how ever big or small. If i can smoke A cigarette that kills and has a second hand smoke that is actuLly harmful i should be able to smoke a blunt in the privacy of my home.

-Rest in peace Kota, love you bro.-
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2018   #55
DarkEmber
Member
 
8th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 74



Originally Posted by Micah View Post
But how is it not common sense that inhaling smoke will hurt you? Be protected from what? If a stupid person is smoking weed they arent harming anyone else, everything with in the smoke is being absorbed i to there blood stream the exhaled portion compared to a cigarette is basically harmless.

There is no way to argue that weed shouldnt be legalized in someway shape or form how ever big or small. If i can smoke A cigarette that kills and has a second hand smoke that is actuLly harmful i should be able to smoke a blunt in the privacy of my home.

A stupid person smoking weed is not harming anyone else? What about people who drive high? People who expose others to the smoke, which IS harmful? People who peer pressure others into smoking weed, and then expose them to the risks?

I agree with you that there is no way to argue that it shouldn't be legalised in some shape or form: for purely medicinal/research purposes. A sizeable portion of people who want to legalise weed are those who already smoke it. Why? You smoke it, and presumably get away with it anyway, and have shown that you are willing to disregard the law (unless you live somewhere this is already legal). If you're going to smoke it anyway, what difference does a law make? Smoke it, fine, but don't push to make it legal and encourage others to take up the habit, as it inevitably would. At least the law will stop more honest people who would be otherwise compelled to smoke weed.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
DarkEmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018   #56
•SmallBowl
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,337
Clan: Parrot



Originally Posted by DarkEmber View Post
A stupid person smoking weed is not harming anyone else? What about people who drive high? People who expose others to the smoke, which IS harmful? People who peer pressure others into smoking weed, and then expose them to the risks?

I agree with you that there is no way to argue that it shouldn't be legalised in some shape or form: for purely medicinal/research purposes. A sizeable portion of people who want to legalise weed are those who already smoke it. Why? You smoke it, and presumably get away with it anyway, and have shown that you are willing to disregard the law (unless you live somewhere this is already legal). If you're going to smoke it anyway, what difference does a law make? Smoke it, fine, but don't push to make it legal and encourage others to take up the habit, as it inevitably would. At least the law will stop more honest people who would be otherwise compelled to smoke weed.

The first half of your argument is better at saying alcohol should be banned than saying weed should. Alcohol has been shown to be more detrimental to your reactions (and ability to drive) than weed, in addition being drunk makes you more confident and therefore, compared with weed, more likely to believe you could drive the car.

The risks associated with weed are intrisically lower than with cigarettes and alcohol. The fact they get away with smoking weed is pretty irrelevant, they dont like the fact there is any sort of risk anyway. Not that it should matter, but I dont smoke in any form.
[11:49.10] <Scorp> i wish they would ban the chinese
Please note, this quote was not taken out of context
SmallBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018   #57
Chilledon
Point Your #$%@ Toes!
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,158



Originally Posted by DarkEmber View Post
A stupid person smoking weed is not harming anyone else? What about people who drive high? People who expose others to the smoke, which IS harmful? People who peer pressure others into smoking weed, and then expose them to the risks?

I agree with you that there is no way to argue that it shouldn't be legalised in some shape or form: for purely medicinal/research purposes. A sizeable portion of people who want to legalise weed are those who already smoke it. Why? You smoke it, and presumably get away with it anyway, and have shown that you are willing to disregard the law (unless you live somewhere this is already legal). If you're going to smoke it anyway, what difference does a law make? Smoke it, fine, but don't push to make it legal and encourage others to take up the habit, as it inevitably would. At least the law will stop more honest people who would be otherwise compelled to smoke weed.

Alright so first off, driving high compares nothing to driving drunk or anything of that sort. I have driven baked off my ass so many times and i've found it 10x easier than driving while fatigued.

Yes, a large portion of people who want it legalized already smoke it, but there are many who would like to try marijuana, that don't because it's illegal(in most states).

but I don't get when you say this

"You smoke it, and presumably get away with it anyway, and have shown that you are willing to disregard the law (unless you live somewhere this is already legal). If you're going to smoke it anyway, what difference does a law make? Smoke it, fine, but don't push to make it legal and encourage others to take up the habit, as it inevitably would. At least the law will stop more honest people who would be otherwise compelled to smoke weed."

Many people realize that there is pretty much no negative effect to the intake marijuana as long as you're safe with it and keep your priorities straight. No one is pushing to make weed legal in order to encourage others to take it up? Some would just like to smoke without the grim thought of "oh shit this is illegal, hope i don't get caught." running through their head. Most people just want to partake in a harmless activity, in the safety of their own home without having to go to some sketchy street dealer and wait 45mins for them to show up and not even weigh it out properly.
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]
Chilledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018   #58
DarkEmber
Member
 
8th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 74



Originally Posted by Chilledon View Post
Alright so first off, driving high compares nothing to driving drunk or anything of that sort. I have driven baked off my ass so many times and i've found it 10x easier than driving while fatigued.

Yes, a large portion of people who want it legalized already smoke it, but there are many who would like to try marijuana, that don't because it's illegal(in most states).

but I don't get when you say this

"You smoke it, and presumably get away with it anyway, and have shown that you are willing to disregard the law (unless you live somewhere this is already legal). If you're going to smoke it anyway, what difference does a law make? Smoke it, fine, but don't push to make it legal and encourage others to take up the habit, as it inevitably would. At least the law will stop more honest people who would be otherwise compelled to smoke weed."

Many people realize that there is pretty much no negative effect to the intake marijuana as long as you're safe with it and keep your priorities straight. No one is pushing to make weed legal in order to encourage others to take it up? Some would just like to smoke without the grim thought of "oh shit this is illegal, hope i don't get caught." running through their head. Most people just want to partake in a harmless activity, in the safety of their own home without having to go to some sketchy street dealer and wait 45mins for them to show up and not even weigh it out properly.

Why would you want to encourage others to smoke weed? That's stupid. You wouldn't encourage others to smoke, or do heroin, because that is a danger to their health. Weed IS a danger to your health, and if you believe otherwise you're sorely misinformed.

You contradict yourself when you say "no one is pushing to make weed legal in order to encourage others to take it up,", after saying "but there are many who would like to try marijuana, that don't because it's illegal(in most states)." You shouldn't want more people to smoke weed, because I repeat: weed is bad.

Also, I would recommend that you stop driving high, that is asking to get yourself killed. Ironically, you say that smoking weed is safe so long as you keep your priorities straight, meaning that you are exactly the kind of person who should be, by your own admission, prevented from smoking weed.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
DarkEmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2018   #59
Chilledon
Point Your #$%@ Toes!
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,158



Originally Posted by DarkEmber View Post
Why would you want to encourage others to smoke weed? That's stupid. You wouldn't encourage others to smoke, or do heroin, because that is a danger to their health. Weed IS a danger to your health, and if you believe otherwise you're sorely misinformed.

You contradict yourself when you say "no one is pushing to make weed legal in order to encourage others to take it up,", after saying "but there are many who would like to try marijuana, that don't because it's illegal(in most states)." You shouldn't want more people to smoke weed, because I repeat: weed is bad.

Also, I would recommend that you stop driving high, that is asking to get yourself killed. Ironically, you say that smoking weed is safe so long as you keep your priorities straight, meaning that you are exactly the kind of person who should be, by your own admission, prevented from smoking weed.

What danger to your health are you talking about besides smoke inhalation? You sound like those 1980 marijuana propaganda ads.

No one is encouraging anything, but people should have the right to choose what they want to do, if people decide that they want to smoke weed once it's legal, that's their choice, I would never push or encourage anyone to do it. There is honestly no reason to keep weed illegal besides the fact that it would probably make pharmaceuticals go out of business. Also, I can tell you've never smoked before, but it's not that impairing. I can still do 5x backflips in a row whilst high. If I want to smoke a bowl and go do fun shit that I like then it's my choice.
[My Replays] | [Aether] | [PM Me For Request Mods] | [Tricktionary]
[Static] | [Xioi] | [♥2WC♥] | [iFred] | [Oblivion]

Last edited by Chilledon; Apr 23, 2018 at 10:13 PM..
Chilledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2018   #60
DarkEmber
Member
 
8th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 74



Originally Posted by Chilledon View Post
What danger to your health are you talking about besides smoke inhalation? You sound like those 1980 marijuana propaganda ads.

No one is encouraging anything, but people should have the right to choose what they want to do, if people decide that they want to smoke weed once it's legal, that's their choice, I would never push or encourage anyone to do it. There is honestly no reason to keep weed illegal besides the fact that it would probably make pharmaceuticals go out of business. Also, I can tell you've never smoked before, but it's not that impairing. I can still do 5x backflips in a row whilst high. If I want to smoke a bowl and go do fun shit that I like then it's my choice.

Increasing your risk of psychotic illness, like schizophrenia, lung diseases, increased risk of cardiovascular disease. This is mostly caused by the smoke, granted, but if you smoke weed you are going to inhale the smoke.

You're right, I've never smoked it so I don't know exactly how impairing cannabis is, but I do know that it doubles the risk of being involved in a car accident that leads to serious injury or death, according to this study in the British Medical Journal. If there is a significantly increased risk of this happening while under the influence of a substance, I'd argue that that substance should be banned. You're right, people should have the right to choose what they do to themselves, but as soon as it becomes a significant risk to the safety of others, that's when the government should step in with legislation. Because that is one of the purposes of laws: to keep the populace safe. Given the prevalence of driving under the influence of cannabis among those who smoke it, this is not something that can be simply swept under the carpet.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
DarkEmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:19 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game