Toribash
Original Post
Malaysian Airlines Plane Shot Down Over Ukraine
MH17 heading from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpar has been shot down by a surface to air missile over eastern Ukraine. 283 passengers and 15 crew members were on the board with no survivors. (I've heard some minor difference in this number however)

Nationally of the victims: 54 Unknown, 154 Dutch, 27 Australian, 23 Malaysian, 11 Indonesian, 6 UK, 4 German, 4 Belgian, 3 Philippines, One Canadian.

Russia has placed the blame on Ukraine but leading information is that militants from the Russian backed Donetsk People's Republic were behind it - in particular Igor Girkin. They believed the plane to be Ukrainian military.

Cap of him boasting about it.

Translation

Shot down with BUK missiles provided just recently to the sepratists. BUK seen nearby just before the incident. And leaving just after.
Captured audio call between the militia.

Flight radar screen cap of planes working to avoid the area. ~6 hours ago.
Wreckage.
Will keep updating with some information. Didn't see a thread about this yet so you can discuss the incident here.
Last edited by Solax; Jul 18, 2014 at 03:24 AM.
Oh god, this. I hate things like this. Why can't we all just get along? You know, sit down and watch My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic together instead of fighting over stupid things.

Other than that, lol the Canadian is forever alone.
Last edited by Dash; Jul 18, 2014 at 03:26 AM.
I actually fully can't believe that they would say "All good, no Ukraine civilians harmed" when that whole bloody aircraft was full of innocent civilians!! Just not of their decent.

And 27 Aussies!! All these stupid flight zones are what going to start world war three, and it's not going to be fun..for any one of us. It seems like they're just being really really selfish combined with a strong disregard for human life.
damn yeah, this sucks, just woke up, turned on tv, the news of the plane everywhere. :/
:D
So, just because it was flying over their air space, they shot it down? That's totally uncalled for.

Also, I took a plane to Kuala Lumpur, now I'm afraid to travel back.....
me when the when the when
Originally Posted by r4zzbarry View Post
Oh god, this. I hate things like this. Why can't we all just get along? You know, sit down and watch My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic together instead of fighting over stupid things.

Other than that, lol the Canadian is forever alone.

Let's eradicate idiotic religious crusades while we're at it.

In all honesty though, I'm waiting for an iron curtain to fall in Ukraine. It's bound to happen.
goodbye cruel world
“When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.” -WS

May they rest in peace, and make their way to a better place.

RIP Fellow Canadian

Oh wow there's several victim picture on BG, still unsure whether it's legit/not
:D
Donetsk was relatively peaceful, sure they expelled their policeforce, but until the balkan fighters showed up in support of Russia they never fought the military.

Since then they have shot down planes before. I'm sad that separatists are being used by Russia in this way. Shooting uninvolved people is not acceptable.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff