Ranking
This thread suppose to be for asking questions about Toribash, well, mostly about that. Since I have some questions, maybe you will indulge me...

1. Is Toribash for Wii abandoned project now, and will Hampa more focus on Toribash for PC, MAc and Linux this year? Will 2013 bring some changes not just of cosmetically nature?

2. What is the purpose of those 'little' game projects (MiniBash, MaceWindu, Piiracer) that Hampa is doing? Is it something like a hobby for him or is he under some contract from Nabi to release new games etc?

3. Who is doing new forum banners? I would have some critique to give: sometimes (well, most of the time) text on them is on the verge of readability. I propose to have some canons when making them (like same size of banner, font and 'forumized' colors that go well with the rest of the forum design). They seam to have a new role, to promote new stuff that are coming to Torishop, they are more like advertising banners, not forum banners. If you know what i mean...

4. Is Hampa really in Vietnam right now? What is he doing there (if it's not a secret)?

5. Last year we witnessed that Toribash servers are very prone to attacks from DDOSErs, also people are farming like crazy, game rooms (well, servers) are unstable, sometimes you can't connect to rooms, all kind of problems... Is this due to low level of security measures used or general atrophy of the staff? What is going on, I don't remember that Toribash was pressured by these problems in such magnitude before?
Don't mind me, just passing by

bojan, move your cursor ontop the banner, wait a sec, a title will appear (with the name of its creator)
retired
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
This thread suppose to be for asking questions about Toribash, well, mostly about that. Since I have some questions, maybe you will indulge me...

1. Is Toribash for Wii abandoned project now, and will Hampa more focus on Toribash for PC, MAc and Linux this year? Will 2013 bring some changes not just of cosmetically nature?

2. What is the purpose of those 'little' game projects (MiniBash, MaceWindu, Piiracer) that Hampa is doing? Is it something like a hobby for him or is he under some contract from Nabi to release new games etc?

3. Who is doing new forum banners? I would have some critique to give: sometimes (well, most of the time) text on them is on the verge of readability. I propose to have some canons when making them (like same size of banner, font and 'forumized' colors that go well with the rest of the forum design). They seam to have a new role, to promote new stuff that are coming to Torishop, they are more like advertising banners, not forum banners. If you know what i mean...

4. Is Hampa really in Vietnam right now? What is he doing there (if it's not a secret)?

5. Last year we witnessed that Toribash servers are very prone to attacks from DDOSErs, also people are farming like crazy, game rooms (well, servers) are unstable, sometimes you can't connect to rooms, all kind of problems... Is this due to low level of security measures used or general atrophy of the staff? What is going on, I don't remember that Toribash was pressured by these problems in such magnitude before?

1. We can't do any updates to the existing Wii version after it is released. I still have the source code for it, if there is a new version it will be for another console. The 4.4 beta5 release have plenty new features. I try to keep adding more.

2. No purpose. I just like doing games. It is a lifestyle choice.

3. Jusmi does all of the banners for the Item Forgers. We have a great banner system in place. If you want to promote something just send me the banner. There is room for much more.

4. I was in Vietnam from November 2012 until May 2013. Since starting Toribash I've lived in Singapore, Philippines, Mauritius, Cambodia, Japan and Vietnam. Next place will be Russia. Where I live is unrelated to Toribash.

5. Lately there has been a new form of attack on the servers. I've been trying to prevent each every of the attacks as they come. It is really sad to see players spending so much time and effort trying to destroy the game for everybody. If you suspect your IP has been blocked you can always contact me on IRC and I'll check it.
Thanky you, Hampa, for answering all of my questions. It is nice to see that TB community is still a compact family, and its even possible to have direct contact (on forum) with game developers.

I asked the first question just to see will great effort be focused now on TB iterations for PC, Mac and Linux, and it's good to know it will be. I know that wii version probably had more material benefit (and promotional), but from my opinion, Toribash is a strict PC franchise, and it should be better then console version, also FTP (free-to-play) games are now in and Toribash is perfect in that environment.

2. Good to know. :] If I had some knowledge about programming, would probably do the same...

3. Jusmi is doing his job professionally.

4. Yes, unrelated to Toribash, but stalkers like me are always fond of good info about their prey. :] Jk, it was a tactical question before asking number 5. since asking about late attacks on TB servers is probably a bit too nosy...

It is really sad to see players spending so much time and effort trying to destroy the game for everybody.

5. That IS really sad.

Purpose of this thread is fulfilled, for now, Bojan signing out.
Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
At a lab, as what I am studying for (biotechnology).

So you are saying Graduation + A job at the lab .. Nice 0:
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post
What is your dream job?

Writing for square enix
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
Writing for square enix

I love your passion for Square Enix, and I got to ask:

Why?

If it isn't too personal ofc
Pois nasci nunca vi amor
E ouço del sempre falar

feelings

Last edited by AzureMage; May 8, 2013 at 01:35 AM.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post
What is your dream job?

Making games. Studying computer science to do just that. Ideally I would like to work for Valve / HiRez / Myself.

"[11:17pm] Thorn: I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being so productive"