Toribash
Original Post
please,
try and destroy my self-esteem with your critique on my first head, please. Chances are, you won't, I'll be proud of my baby no matter what

front

side

back

flat

more

created with photoshop
Last edited by Diamond; Aug 19, 2017 at 11:30 PM.
Hair lines are pretty thick,
but for a first head everything seems pretty good mapping wise.
Last edited by Lucy; Aug 19, 2017 at 04:39 PM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
pretty good for a first head. first thing that comes to mind is that the hair shine could be thinner or have some transparency
As people have mentioned above, hair lines are quite thick.
The eyes are really good for a first try.
The mouth and nose should be higher up, sorry.

Originally Posted by Surge View Post
pretty good for a first head. first thing that comes to mind is that the hair shine could be thinner or have some transparency

It seem to have some transparency so that's not the problem, I think it was just overdone.
Would've looked better if you only did it on one side of the head, preferrably in the north east direction so that it's still visable from the front but doesn't bring too much attention.
You could've simply make it fade in and out to achive a pretty realistic look.

Nice head overall, keep up the great work!
thank you for the feedback, building my self-esteem rather than destroying it

Created another head and it, despite me not really seeing what exactly to improve, dissatisfies me. Tried to achieve a clean minimalistic look and struggled so much with so few hair details. Could it be shading that is making it look awkward? Was afraid to ruin the minimalistic look with a lot of shading

front

side

syde

flat

that hair peak is really high up

Other than that, I do see a big improvement from your first head. Keep it up.
|Evil|
I don't exist
try to work in grayscale

work on your line work first :^)

when you feel happy with your line work, start shading n stuff...

I learned by looking at other people's art :^)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Created my 3rd head which I feel extremely happy about, for it has turned out exactly how I wanted it. However, I would still be grateful, if you could point out what you think is bad and could be done better or just leave your opinion on it

front

side

side

front

Really love the improvements here Diamond.

Looks a bit copy and pasted now, maybe now try developing a more unique style? still good nonetheless.
|Evil|
I don't exist