Ranking
Original Post
know any free hq music production programs?
please share, looking for something easy to use with a lot of possibilities

if no free ones available that are good, I'd like some suggestions on low cost programs as well
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
fl studio demo
audacity is shitty for attempting to make a scrim typebeat
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
If you are actually interested in getting deeper into music production I would recommend Reaper. If you are only doing electronic/sample music FL studio is good for that, but is very limited for recording/mixing.
For recording and mixing Reaper is great. It's as good as pro tools for recording and mixing while 10 times cheaper. You can try it out for free and the license for students/non-commercial use is only like 70 bucks.

If you have a mac, logic pro is the easiest and probably the most common music production tool. I personally don't like it at all but it's very easy to use and is good for writing music.
I myself just write sheets/tabs and perform with some friends, but if I ever need a DAW I generally use Reaper or Ableton Live.
If you just want to mess around, try GarageBand, I guess?
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
fl studio demo
audacity is shitty for attempting to make a scrim typebeat

I used audacity to record audio, but I don't even think it has the capability of production
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
If you are actually interested in getting deeper into music production I would recommend Reaper. If you are only doing electronic/sample music FL studio is good for that, but is very limited for recording/mixing.
For recording and mixing Reaper is great. It's as good as pro tools for recording and mixing while 10 times cheaper. You can try it out for free and the license for students/non-commercial use is only like 70 bucks.

If you have a mac, logic pro is the easiest and probably the most common music production tool. I personally don't like it at all but it's very easy to use and is good for writing music.

it looks interesting, I actually need it for commercial use though, so I'd have to get that $200 version.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
I used audacity to record audio, but I don't even think it has the capability of production

it looks interesting, I actually need it for commercial use though, so I'd have to get that $200 version.

Well any professional software for music production does cost a decent amount of money. Reaper is pretty much the cheapest DAW on the market. I personally have used it for a year now (switched from pro tools) and haven't looked back.
Also what kind of commercial use are we talking about, different software work best for different functions.
selling beats
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
selling beats

Well it'll be a while before you get to the level of producing that people actually want to pay for your music.
But for that I would recommend FL studio, ableton or logic.
if i could learn how to use fl studio in 6th grade, you can learn it anytime
has easily one of the best workflows, if not the best, for beat making imo

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder