Toribash
Original Post
[Promo Team]Nabi Wushu League '09

Nabi Wushu League

Have you wondered if you are the better player? Played countless games and still people brag about themselves being the best, and not acknowledging your skill? Have you ever thought there should be a definite decision of who is the best?

Here is your chance! Toribashians from all over the world assemble! Join this grand quest to find out who is the number one in wushu!

This is a massive wushu league, running over the course of 4 months to find out

who is the best player.

How will this take place?

You need to be at least blackbelt to sign up.

There will be 128 spots available, and 64 spots for subs.

After signup is complete, a preliminary round will be held, to class players into 2x4 groups:

Both of the two clusters consisting of 4 Groups are not connected with each other. However, both of them follow the exact same rules.

Preliminary rounds:
All people (ordered by timezone) that signed up will play 1 tournament, in groups of 16 people each, 90 minutes long.
The objective is to score as many league points possible. (see below for an explanation). Knockout mode will not be used.

*date and times will be announced after signup is complete

Group 1 will contain the players who made the most league points in the preliminary rounds.
Group 2 will contain the players who made the second most league points in the preliminary rounds.
Group 3 will contain the players who made the third most league points in the preliminary rounds
Group 4 will contain the players who made the fourth most league points in the preliminary rounds.

A group consists of 16 players, ordered by the number of league points each player made in the preliminary rounds.
That means that every group will have a top player, and one player at the bottom of the group.
The points made in the preliminary games are discarded after the groups are created.

Every player has one month time to fight everyone else in his group. This can be either done privately (replays have to be posted), or in the Official Nabi Wushu League server*, which features 20tc per win.

*see below for date, time and further details

When two players fight, they will fight a race to 3. Their goal is to collect as many league points as possible in one month.

After 4 weeks have passed:
The top 5 players (those with the most league points collected in that month) of a group will be moved into the group above them.
The 5 players (those with the least league points collected in that month) at the bottom of a group, will be moved into the group below them.
After that, the so far league points a player has earned so far, are removed from his "current" league points - they do not count for the next (and following months). However, the league points are not completely removed. When it comes to awarding of prizes and if a player can participate in the final tourney or not, all league points (except those from the preliminary round) are taken into account.
This allows for the player who started at the lowest spot in group 4 to make it to the first place in group 1 in time - if he can beat the odds and everyone else.

This happens every 4 weeks, so 4 times in total.

In addition to that, there are awards for the 2 first placing persons in each group*:
group 1 - place 1: 50,000tc
group 1 - place 2: 35,000tc
group 2 - place 1: 25,000tc
group 2 - place 2: 20,000tc
group 3 - place 1: 16,000tc
group 3 - place 2: 12,000tc
group 4 - place 1: 8,000tc
group 4 - place 2: 5,000tc

*at the end of the month, before people change the groups they are in

At the end of the 4 months
Both players who are at the top of each group 1 are awarded -a Toribooster 200 for 3 months, 2 custom designed flames and 250,000tc each

[B]Both players who are at the top of each group fight in a race to 10. The Winner of this duel wins the mysterious and powerful Wu-Shoe.

The 24 players who made the most league points over the course of 4 months will fight in a tournament at the end.

It will be a 120 minutes tournament, with the objective to score the most league points in this time.

The First place winner gets... 2 Sets of any color of his coice and 250,000tc
The Second place winner gets.. 1 Set of any color of his choice and 175,000tc
The Third place winner gets.. 100,000tc

Additional awards:

The player with the most comebacks gets25,000tc
The player with the most fractures gets 25,000tc
The player with the most dismemberments gets 25,000tc
The player with the most decaps 25,000tc
The player with the most wins gets 15,000tc
The player with the most points (not league points) gets 25,000tc
The player with the highest winpercentage gets 15,000tc
The player with the highest points in average gets 25,000tc
The player with the most comebacks while he was already leading with points gets 25,000tc
The player who saved most of his dismembered bodyparts from touching the ground gets 25,000tc
The player with the fastest opener (speed-o-meter) gets 25,000tc
The player who lost the most games gets a sorry prize in the amount 25,000tc
The player who dq'd most often gets a sorry prize in the amount of 25,000tc

League points:
For each fight won, the respective player will be awarded 1 league point
If a player does a comeback in a fight, he will be awarded 1 league point
If a player does a comeback in a fight while he is leading with points, he will be awarded 2 league points
If a player decaps another player in a fight, he will be awarded 1 league point
If a player splits another player in a fight, he will be awarded 1 league point
If a player "runs" from another player in a fight, he is penalized 1 league point

Definition of comeback: to get back to your opponent and hitting him again, resulting in an increase in your points.
Definition of running: jumping away (in either direction) to avoid the opponent and not giving him any chance for further body contact. If this happens before 3 turns have passed, it is ignored.
Definition of split: dismembering the enemy lumbbar from the abs or from the chest. This may not be achieved by falling onto the ground or selfsplitting.
Definition of decap: dismembering the enemy neckjoint to sepperate the head from the body. This may not be achieved by falling onto the ground or self decpatitation.

How to sign up?
You will simply need to post the following things:
-Your belt (blackbelt and up only)
-Your timezone (in GMT)
Last edited by Lucker; Aug 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM.
40757 - 3
Leyz - 1

Meant to post this a while back but was too lazy.
Attached Files
WL - Leyz 1.rpl (77.2 KB, 6 views)
WL - Leyz 2.rpl (89.8 KB, 6 views)
WL - Leyz 3.rpl (49.1 KB, 6 views)
WL - Leyz 4.rpl (87.7 KB, 5 views)
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Originally Posted by Kyat View Post
THE FIRST TURN OF THE WUSHU LEAGUE WILL END NEXT WEEK ON THE 02 OCTOBER AT MIDNIGHT (GMT)

P.s. idk why Kyat wrote that but not bdo..
ËË
Ticux bdo is inactive now kyat is in charge of Nabi Wushu League. he is now doing all job almost alone.
Tentacles4life&fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join BISH
ANIMELOVER
Originally Posted by TIcux View Post
Lol Fed... Kyat not play in Wushu... fail

Yes, I'm not used to play wushu as you or other players might be. Anyway would that mean that I should have let the league die, making all the fights that most participants have done useless ?
Also does this mean that I can't manage this event from the forum side ?

If you doubt on my capabilities, you may withdraw and free a spot in the upcoming 2nd turn of the league. I'm sure that the player that will inherit that spot will be glad to have the opportunity to compete in such an event, no matter who is in charge of it.

As far as I'm concerned I would love to still have you participating into this as well as any participant who did his matches and posted his replays. Viewing most replays of this first turn was really a show that I enjoyed considering the display of skills that I was able to see. I also learnt a lot concerning this peculiar mod and came to appreciate it a lot.

And finaly, concerning the judging I wasn't completely alone, and sticked to what bdo had planned and organized at first. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also on a more general matter, 2 hours before the end of replays submission.
I will post the next groups before the end of the week-end.

All enjoy and keep on the good fights.

Last edited by Kyat; Oct 4, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
[FROG] - [Toribash-FR] - [OLDA] - \m/
Français, english: Click