Ranking
Re: Low FPS, is it OK?
anyway, your forgetting something... most of the objects are spheres!
Have you ever tried doing usefull 3D-related math with spheres? Very tricky
Of course, I can't do mental arithmatic (read: math in your head) anyway!
I has a flavour
I don't know, spheres/circles are actually one of the easiest objects to test for collisions, you only need to know their centre and their radius to find if it is colliding with something. Compared to a cube/square you need to know where each vertices is as rotation doesn’t affect spheres when doing collision testing.
My fps goes down a lot when i'm entangled in a grapple war, somtimes it gets so slow, the other person has finished their turn by the time the previous turn stops moveing for me... Seriosuly, a few times i got into some pretty messing air-wrestling and my fps seriously got down to maybe 1 frame per second. now, i know my processor is pretty old (As in under 1.5 ghz, my computer is old too, but this game can't use THAT much processor because while it's moving at that slow an fps, i can still adjust winamp, talk over trillian, and other stuff. It's really annoying when it starts going that slow... I cna understand it going somewhat slower, but.....damn!
Originally Posted by nokturnal
turning double ghosting off always helps

What is double ghosting?
Originally Posted by nokturnal
pressing 'b' to see ghosts for both players

oh...well, that's not on anyway. :/
Originally Posted by FireStarter
6800GS is not buggy and why why the developers of these great game cannot make these calculation not so difficult that we could have 60 FPS all the time?

dude thats like saying make physics less complicated
you cant change math:S
you could however reduce the number of calculations it has to do by reducing the number of limbs and such
but im not sure if were getting anywhere near that
i really dont think there are any limbs to 'reduce', unless you want to play with 1 legged characters and such ;)
just be sure that Toribash is the only thing running if it is running slow... mine runs at about 60FPS all the time, so yea. be sure that you take it easy of your computer and dont make it do Trig whyle playing Toribash...