Ranking
Faint was an awesome choice. I've known him for about a year, all the way back in SyN. Awesome guy, and I think he'll be a great GM. He's got a great sense of humour, and generally, a really nice guy.

For the others, I don't know them too well, but Lume and Fivah are two that I think will do great.
inq.
It'll be.... Interesting.

I, like BenDover, am curious to see if some burn-out.

Think a lot of people think its a lot less work than it is. And think its far more rewarding than it is.

We work because we like it. Think people get this idea that were given a million benefits that aren't directly related to the job.

Good luck young trials
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
Haha, yeah, I'm sure you'd like to know, I won't tell, tho.
They have whole trial period to convince me that they fit in and make me change my opinion.

If the GM team are more open about how they feel about each other then they will respect each other more and work better as a unit. This will inevitably make the lowly toribashian more happy and as a result will make fewer people act like dicks and get all up in your shit, and the collective shits of the admins and smods. In short; spill the fucking beans.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
If the GM team are more open about how they feel about each other then they will respect each other more and work better as a unit. This will inevitably make the lowly toribashian more happy and as a result will make fewer people act like dicks and get all up in your shit, and the collective shits of the admins and smods. In short; spill the fucking beans.

OR ..it can cause unnecessary conflict within the staff members and rip the community up from the inside.

It really is better if we keep certain things to ourselves.

I actually remember a few prime incidents which would prove me right.

As for the trials: The trials have been selected because we as a team believe that they have the potential and dedication to fulfill their duties in a timely manner.
Most of them should make it through the trial period without breaking open.

BAD LUCK
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
What made you chose these members AGAIN aside from the usual and generic "experienced, good app, etc.?
Why not accept mostly/all new members who haven't had the chance to show their potential as a part of the Toribash staff?

To more specifically answer this question in particular, I ask: Why shouldn't we? It's not a question of fairness to the community, it's a question of efficiency and effectiveness within the GM team. If they have already proven themselves in one way or another at least to be able to get along with the teams and to be trustworthy with information, that's two points we immediately don't have to worry about with them as a person.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
i love fivah with a burning passion :>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
<~[i]Assazin> I'm 12 years old
<~[i]Assazin> My butt is underdeveloped
<~[i]Assazin> ok ok
<~[i]Assazin> I'm actually 9
<Click>Patrickooo Acting His Age<Click>
Lume Fivah and Thandir are the only ones who I know so yeah.

Lume and Fivah have both had their share of forum moderation so this is just peachy.

But iirc Thrandir has been a gm 3 times and hasn't pasted trial any of the times, which is silly if you ask me. :<
piss
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
To more specifically answer this question in particular, I ask: Why shouldn't we? It's not a question of fairness to the community, it's a question of efficiency and effectiveness within the GM team. If they have already proven themselves in one way or another at least to be able to get along with the teams and to be trustworthy with information, that's two points we immediately don't have to worry about with them as a person.

That's true, but doesn't it also prove that they won't always be available seeing as how they've been chosen multiple times previously. Yes it show's those things but it also shows unreliability, as for getting along with the team that part seems a bit biased. I mean honestly who's to say who the gm's will or will not get along with anyone who applied if they aren't known well enough? how can someone know the efficiency and characteristics of someone they only know from an application? it basically feels like you have to be part of the '' it '' crowd at times just to be noticed.
Last edited by AzureMage; Nov 1, 2012 at 07:37 AM.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
The applications in general this time around were shit.
Enough said.
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks