ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
penalty for leaving matchmaking games before they begin
yesterday, i matched up against current rank 1 user keap67 twice and both times he quit before any matches were played. obviously, this means he is electing to avoid playing people he thinks are better than him.

i would like to suggest a 2-point elo penalty for leaving at any point while you are in a matchmaking server. it makes sense that ranked servers are not handled this way, but when you are matched up with someone there is actually no legitimate reason for you to leave the server.

please make ranks actually mean something thanks!
i dont play ranked or toribash in general but wouldnt this kind of be unfair? why would people get punished for leaving a server, like a mandatory loss?
This would not be a good rule/Idea at all sometimes people have to leave servers because they're going out or they've just simply been on forever. Ofc that's not the scenario with Keap BUT he's ranked 1 he probably just wants to get the tc rewarded which I know a lot of tb players would do.
Originally Posted by Widows View Post
Ofc that's not the scenario with Keap BUT he's ranked 1 he probably just wants to get the tc rewarded which I know a lot of tb players would do.

Uhh, you kind of put your finger on the problem, but do you think Keap is justified in doing this? 'Cos that's what it reads like.

I support the idea for matchmaking servers (not ranked servers as HiPower pointed out). When you're deciding to enter a matchmaking game you're doing it because you're looking for someone to fight. You're committed to fighting someone. If you actually have to leave right away for some legit reason, then perhaps you shouldn't have made the commitment. ELO loss for breaking that commitment is a good way to close this 'loophole' that Keap and I'm sure a lot of others are exploiting.

-----
It's been brought to my attention that Hampa's possibly already been informed about this problem. Goodo.
Last edited by Ele; Mar 9, 2016 at 02:55 AM.
^ Ele just read my mind. Leaving during an MM game should be punishable. Not severely, but a 2-point ELO loss should suffice. People like Keap who quit during MM games make it harder for people with REAL skill climb up the ladder. All in all, I support this idea.
Tyzo: Haunted Memes can't crush Obey's Dreams.
Yay: But RelaxAll can crush Obey's Balls.
this is not something that annoys me just in ranked servers but in all servers.
Yea sometimes you have to go,but why do you have to go right before
your decaped head gets dqed?

i think there should be some kind of penalty for any match that have
started and the opponent quits mid fight.

edit: also another thing that could be added,make a bad achievement named quitter"" or "sore loser" or something
,and you gain it after quitting a certain amount of fights.
Last edited by nikosefs; Mar 9, 2016 at 11:28 AM.