Toribash
You act like I haven't, when I've clearly referenced the people who take trigger warnings as a reason to shut down speech they don't agree with. I've distanced my position from their's by saying that what they're doing is an extreme position on trigger warnings that shouldn't be taken seriously. What they're performing is censorship, which is not what I'm supporting.

Again, since I'm not supporting the extreme position, and have already actively distanced my position from theirs, could you kindly not keep harping on them? If your response to everything I say can roughly be paraphrased as "but the extremists say/do this so that's reflective of everyone", then you're definitely incapable of distinguishing nuance in this discussion.

There's a difference between a city planning fireworks and a random fireworks launching. If a war vet thinks they might get triggered by fireworks, the city isn't forcing them to attend the fireworks display, and they provide fair warning by saying "hey, we're going to launch fireworks on x day at y time at z location". They're being afforded a warning well in advance, and can make accommodations around it. Now let's say I start firing off fireworks right next to their house on random days with no warnings. The vet would definitely be within their rights to tell me to stop, even if I'm not causing distress. And it's very simple, you aren't providing warning, and you're subjecting them to it without their consent. Just because they may want to merge back into citizen life does not mean they have to be pushed through it outside of their own pace.

Civil law is different from criminal law. A definition of civil law: "the system of law concerned with private relations between members of a community rather than criminal, military, or religious affairs." You can be sued over virtually anything under civil law. Putting up a slippery floor sign is not obligated under criminal law, but it serves as protection under civil law, but does not provide protection from a civil lawsuit. Providing a trigger warning is not obligated under criminal law, but it serves as protection under civil law, but does not provide protection from a civil lawsuit. Meaning regardless of how you protect yourself under civil law, somebody is still free to sue you anyways.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games