Ranking
Original Post
Companion App idea?!
So for the future of Toribash could there one day be a companion app for Toribash? Like something that could organize the Toribash forum into a neat looking easy to get to app. Taking the forum on the go without having to navigate the full forum would be really cool and easy to stay in contact with clan members while out. I know you can organize thread updates to be sent to you via email which would be sent to a phone if connected, but an over all Toribash forum app would make things a lot less complicated and helpful. I know the forum is very immense and detailed, but organized into app form would be worth the time. So you could make purchases, and watch things, and post things, easily as a tap or a click. When i go on the forum on my phone its really time consuming to navigate all the sections to and zoom in to see words. So maybe inactivity would be less of a problem for some clans if the forum were easier to access like a tap of an app.

That would take you to a home screen which would display [My Tori], [Shop], [clans], [help], [Blog]

[Shop]- tapping or selecting this will take you to another screen showing

[Art/textures], [Items], [Market Squad], [Scam Reports], [Market]

Selecting one will take you to the desired area which would be layed out sort of like how they already are but in a much easier on the eyes style where there you can view threads like on the website. Inside of [market] things can be layed out like the actual market on the web forum, where you can sell things from your [My tori] Deactivated area, which shows your deactivated items. You will also be able to see the Shop area of toribash where things can be bought like online.

[My tori]- this works like your personal area to send messages, edit your forum settings, or manage a group. Also you can view your current textures, deactivated, and activated items (which you can edit as you please, besides the textures, which would only be editable from the full forum online.) You will also be able to do and see everything listed in the account area. This place serves as your more secure area for private things.

[Clans]- the most impressive and helpful part of the app would be the clan area. communicate with clan members easier than ever. If you are already part of a clan, tapping/clicking this will take you straight to another page that has [Clan Discussion], and [Recruitment Thread]. These will take you to their designated areas as listed. Clan discussion will look more like a texting app. Showing whose in the discussion currently, and all the options such as posted videos, images, etc.

this all serves as a mini compacted version of the clan section of the forum.
There is more i'd include in explaining this, but your imagination's could already figure out where little (but important things) would go.

[Help]- would list all rules of everything on toribash, organized into categories of course in case you need a refresher. here will also be an area that will have the Youtube videos of how to play toribash. Other helpful forums made by admin will be here also for beginners.

[Blog]- a url to take u online to blog

So this might seem kind of a large project that would take years to organize but it would be amazing to see toribash organized into an app meant for the social aspect, to sell things and make deals easier, and to bring people closer in clans and to make conversing easier between people with busy schedules. I would imagine theres a bunch of things i didn't mention, that are important, but this is sort of a foundation that everything else would be build into. This is just a small (but actually big) thought that has been running through my mind as it's been a hassle lately to get on the forum while busy out doing things, but yet i still have time to text and msg. people. So i thought "what if contact and selling and watching works of art and videos were as easy as texting? or navigating your favorite apps like Facebook or twitter that have little app versions organizing all the things we love about the forum but not forgetting the small but important things?

If you don't like the idea or think its maybe too big to worry about now, than maybe the future? When the budget and funds and team on toribash are at a large scale enough to make this possible? Maybe this idea is already in the works? I'd like the hear any feedback on this. So think of it more like a request then a question.

Maybe to get into the app you have to provide your toribash pass and username also?
and also, if you don't like how i described the layout of the app or something about the layout in clan discussion you didn't like, then maybe it wont have to be layer out like that, but i'd be pretty much satisfied if the app was created, let alone how things are layer out. As long as the goal has been completed to make contact and messaging easier, than getting someones Skype or email

Almost like this guys idea -> http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=444417
Last edited by matarika; Feb 11, 2014 at 06:46 AM. Reason: WOW!
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
My only concern is it would make toribash have a big size (ie . 100-250mb )

Otherwise , supported
:D
Or you could just get Tapatalk instead of making a huge project about it.
Not supported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I might be retired.
I've checked the other link. Going back to this, and I'm thinking...... Supported C:
This app should be done, even though we already have Tapatalk to get the job done.
Tapaltalk is good for the forum, but not for clans/items/market etc. I'd support it if the implementation is going to be good.
S | B | F