ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
APB: Reloaded

By GamersFirst

What is APB?
APB stands for All Points Bulletin. It's a cops n' robbers style of game, with loads of customization and missions.

Why is it APB: Reloaded?
Originally, the game was owned by RealTimeWorlds. It was $50 on CD and Steam. Only 3-5 months after its release, RealTimeWorlds shut down, and only the UK players got their money back. Some people were devastated about it shutting down, and some people were glad. Around 6 months later, there was news that a new company bought APB, GamersFirst. G1 said that their version would be free. Shortly after, the game went into closed beta. Only a few thousand got to play the beta, including me. A few weeks ago, it went into Open Beta.

What are the requirements?
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850 or Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 2-4 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB or GeForce 8800 512 MB or equivalent
(According to CanYouRunIt)

What do I need to get?
GamersFirst LIVE! It's basically the launcher for all of G1's games, including APB.

You said "loads of customization." What do you mean by that?
Character - You can customize your character to look exactly like you. You can change literally everything on your character. From hairstyles to muscles to scars to piercings, you can make your character however you like.
Vehicle - You start out with a pre-set vehicle that's already customized. If you have a free account, you can't customize it unless you take off all the decals. However, once you scrape up enough money to get your own vehicle, you can customize the paintjob, wheels, spoiler, roof, grill, license plate, and decals. I currently have an ORKIN van.
Clothing - First you start with a basic shirt, pants, hat, gloves, or shoes, and you can change the color or add decals.

Here are some clothing examples:

How about weapons?
There's many weapons to choose from. There's rifles, pistols, revolvers, HVR (High Velocity Rifles), sub-machine guns, and explosives. Each gun has their upsides and downsides. For instance, I have the Joker RFP-9 pistol. It's upside is ammo capacity and damage, but its downside is accuracy. One main issue with weapons is that they're only rentals. That means you need to pay something like 12k to get your weapons back every 10 days.

What are the teams?
Criminal or Enforcer. Enforcers are the police of the game, and Criminals are obviously the criminals of the game. Depending on your team, you have different ways to get your "Notoriety" or "Prestige" up. There are 5 N/P levels. Criminals have to cause crime, kill Enforcers or civilians, vandalize, and do tasks to raise their Notoriety. Enforcers have to stop Criminals, arrest them, and basically uphold the law to gain Prestige.

I have Notoriety/Prestige 5. What happens?
Beware, you are now wanted/contracted. Anyone can kill/arrest you and claim a cash reward. When you're N/P 5, teamkilling is allowed, and you CANNOT trust anybody, not even your teammates.

Fastest way to earn money?
Join a group. You play missions with them, and get a larger reward per mission. Another way is to pledge to contacts. Contacts give you missions and rewards. Pledging to them allows you to unlock items and get more contacts.

I remember in the RTW APB, there were 15 threat levels. Did that change?
Yes. There's now 45 Threat Levels. There's Bronze, Silver, and Gold threat levels. They increased it to make a player's threat level more accurate. For instance, back in the old APB, someone could be threat level 7 but suck at the game. Now they would be threat level 2.

In-game Screenshots:
[SPOILER] Tags didn't want to work, so...
Here
Here

Where do I download it?
From the website link below.

Official Blog
Website
Last edited by MrTeapawt; Jun 23, 2011 at 04:20 AM.
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
It's a pretty good game, I had it when it used to be payed, although a month after I bought it the company went under! Well now they're back and under new management, you guys should check it out.
I'll give it a try, registered via GamersFirst currently downloading the game.
what am i doing here
I put on my rape face when I play this game. I was one of the few people who could legit earn threat level 14 (15 was virtually impossible without hacking or mission evasion) but now I plays Brink.

I'd be willing to play again though if somebody would feel up to starting a crim clan.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I've asked a lot of people and they said this game wasn't even worth trying, opinions please?

Looks alright to me, some of the animations and physics could be improved and I think this game would be amazing.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
I've asked a lot of people and they said this game wasn't even worth trying, opinions please?

Looks alright to me, some of the animations and physics could be improved and I think this game would be amazing.

There seems to be quite a few bugs that crashes the game when you're running it on a 32bit PC, cause the game was originally intended for 64bit PCs. Vehicle steering can be a problem at times, but it's easy to master once you get the hang of it. Overall, it's worth playing despite that.
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
Used to play this back in its original run with Realtime Worls, then I got into the closed beta. It's a pretty chode game.
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
There's also minor "balance" issues. I would disagree with them, but it's worth noting that people believe the starter weapon to be too powerful.

I believe that they're just a bunch of panzies who can't realize that it's just well-rounded, but will get demolished in a respective weapon's strong area (N-Tecs beat stars in dps and usually mid-long range, all non-secondary smgs beat a star in close range dps, sniper rifles win in extreme long range). It's the every situation weapon, so it's good for people who tend to solo queue, but if you get in a group, it's better to specialize.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games