Ranking
Original Post
Hey everybody...Lirren here to have some fun and hopefully learn some stuff.
Hey guys! Lirren here, a new Toribasher...just discovered this game amongst the oodles of PC fighting games, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. However, I'm probably one of the noobiest of noobs around, and I have many questions. However, so as not to waste anyone's time, could someone just point me in the direction of a tutorial forum? Like, what mods I should use in order to get the best results for such and such a move? Thanks much...^_^ See you in the ring!
Welcome to Toribash and the toribash-forums.
Tutorial forums are a lot here... But if anyone else that posts in this thread would like to show a link...
Oh and for the best moves you have do to one thing(+ a little help)
1.Practice, practice and practice
2. Study Other's moves but don't copy them.
So if you want to do the best moves, you have to practice.

Good luck at the game and in this forum.
3. Press "e" key while watching replays
4. Practice
5. Watch some kewl videos for inspiration.
6. Move many joints.
7. Play only normal modes, like wushu, judo, aikido, and don't waste time for nooby stuff (twinswords, blender, and all that stupid things.)
8. Practice
9. Seriously, don't use stupid mods!
10. Practice.
U need a lot of exp to be good, I'm a toribasher for a year now and I still sometimes feel like such a noob
I second Kordiss advices 7 and 9, other mods I suggest u to play are tk, kb and lenshu3.
Now some practical advices
1. if someone grabs some of u're joints put it on hold or relax cuz if u contract it it will probably break
2. Relaxing joints that u dont know what to do with is something u should do most of the time
3. watch what pros do, it will give u a picture about inertia, speed, when to contract, relax hold
4. practice openers on uke, openers are wery important but by my opinion players that improvise a lot are the great ones
5. play every mod at least 2000qi u will get pretty good at it
6. play a lot of tourneys

If u need any help feel free to pm me.
wishful eyes deceive me
Thanks everybody for their replies--I was wondering what mods would be nice to use to get they physics sets that I was looking for. "Practice makes perfect" apparently is the keyword here, eh? The only thing is I probably won't be doing much online play...I know this isn't a typical game where fast Internet is necessary, but google "WildBlue Internet restrictions" and you'll soon see why I said that above quote. (It's a satellite ISP) And I've also been having problems just connecting, but that's another thread. Anyway, thanks again for all your replies, if I have more questions, I'll ask! ^_^
Last edited by Lirren; Oct 8, 2009 at 04:06 PM.
Well, the other posts in this thread said it all so...

Welcome to Toribash
This sig lacks creativity.

True Story.