Ranking
Original Post
First and Second head texture
This is my first head i made for myself
i just got a few colors and spammed the smudge tool 'cause why not

First

And the second one i made was mainly for the eyes since i didn't know what to do with the rest of the head texture

Second

Any tips would be nice since i don't really know how to arts
i use gimp

any other stuff i can do to either of them to make them better would also be nice

thanks
Last edited by Auroral; Nov 25, 2017 at 05:37 PM. Reason: more info
You made a huge improvement from the first textrue to the second. The first one seemes extremely blurry, while the second one is a lot more clear.
As an experienced and semi-famous artist, I'm gonna give you some expert advice.

What I see from your sets are either a lack of shading, or shading that does not match with the "light" of the set. Typically when doing stuff like this, I am more likely to shade depth rather than just highlights and shadows (As in anything sunken in is darker, anything bulging out is lighter). It is also good to imagine that there is light coming from the top down, at least when doing complex sets (i specialize in minimalist sets so I typically do minimal shading if any.) The only real example I have is for the Xydra set I made.

Set

It's hard to tell from the picture but anything "sunken in" is accented with darker lines, and slightly shaded.

Try to add a little bit more shading if you want a more realistic look, or sharper lines if you want a more cartoony look.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I give the best relationship advice
i don't know how to shade and make it look not blurry or unfitting to the art style any tips that you could tell me?
If you dont know shading, you gotta learn shading. That's what's going to make your art stand out from other artists. Without shading it will look flat, unless that is the look you're going for.
Other then that you just have to work on your style.

Also, the best way to make your art not blurry is to make it 512x512, and not use soft brushes. smaller textures get stretched and look bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I made another trying to use shading more effectively around and in the eyes
the other stuff was so it all was not just one color(i also don't know how to make mouths)

Third

Last edited by Auroral; Nov 25, 2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Mouth
Those eyes are a really good. Already getting a lot better, even if this is just a test.
Im sure you can use those eyes as a base for another head, they already look really good.
Already getting the hang of the highlights and depth.

It's a very simple test so all i can say is keep working at it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]