Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] Mouse-less Tori Control
I finally got round to molding this into something usable. It's basically this, except:

* The minimap displays joints only, with the grab indicators under the arms.
* There's no seperate toggle to hold/relax a joint, and no new Hold All/Relax All (you can still use "c" for that.)
* NumPad_Del is used to cycle through the grab configuration of both your hands.

Additional information:

* When you load the script for the first time you'll be asked to input your NumPad keys in a specific order. just follow the instructions.
* The colorful circles at the bottom are configuration buttons to change the minimap force/relax colours, change the scale, and select which position your key input manipulates. Hover over them to reveal which button's which.
* (On a multiplayer server,) manipulating a tori or uke that's not you will only affect that positions ghost for the current turn.

*The code is an absolute mess, that I'll happily cleanup once I'm sure others have no problem running the script.

Update 1: (Hopefully) Fixed away having to restart after the 1st time loading the script.
Attached Files
MiniSnake.lua (12.6 KB, 184 views)
Last edited by Daanando; Nov 12, 2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: updated script (2nd time)
woah, making dreams come true since june 2013? ;)

testing now

can't figure how numkeys work. doesn't change anything on press. mb i'm using wrong tb version?
so far only del works well

reloaded game, works briliant!

Dear sir, you are a hero!

only one suggestion: to add help window with keys layout, other than that - perfect. will go rampage testing
-----
issue so far: getting flood kicked ot of mp servers after win
Last edited by snake; Nov 11, 2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Phew.

Thanks, Snake. I'm just glad it works. Making it to form your idea was kinda like jumping into the deep end of lua scripting, so I learned a lot.

Originally Posted by snake View Post
...suggestion: to add help window with keys layout, other than that - perfect. will go rampage testing

That's definitely on the to do list for the more polished script. I welcome any more feedback or suggestions.
hmm i guess the / * - aren't working as good as supposed.

i recommend to make / and - pecs or ass and keep * for neck

5 for chest will be more intuitive,
8 for lumbar

grab states on del should be only left/right, since both on and off works on V, so 4 states are a bit redundant

4 joints states per click is a bit too complicated, i recommend to reduce it to 2 states, forward and back, while having one modyfier key for hold and relax ( i recommend 0 ), so it will be way faster

awesome thing, seriously, i was able to execute throws using it, so this thing is pretty natural

keybinding is the most essencial part. i'm not even looking at mini-tori when i play, so it's not necessary tbh.

as it is now it works as good as mouse. with separated hold/relax button it will work even better than mouse.
Last edited by snake; Nov 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM.
Make the tori clickable,

and in the meantime i'll figure why this doesn't work on osx.
Last edited by Smogard49; Nov 11, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by snake View Post
...i recommend to make / and - pecs or ass and keep * for neck

5 for chest will be more intuitive,
8 for lumbar

grab states on del should be only left/right, since both on and off works on V, so 4 states are a bit redundant

4 joints states per click is a bit too complicated, i recommend to reduce it to 2 states, forward and back, while having one modyfier key for hold and relax ( i recommend 0 ), so it will be way faster...

I think you'll be pleased as punch with this: (before loading this script, delete keybinds_settings.txt in your script folder)
Last edited by Daanando; Nov 12, 2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: removed attachment.
Originally Posted by Daanando View Post
I think you'll be pleased as punch with this: (before loading this script, delete keybinds_settings.txt in your script folder)

YOU ARE A GOD!

seriously, this thing is just bloody amazing!
only thing left to make it perfect is to make neck on * and pecks on / and -

but holy fucking crap! it does work even better than mouse

we need to promote this thing, NOW

going to make a pdf manual for this thing as soon as i will get back home
Last edited by snake; Nov 12, 2013 at 06:03 AM.
Dammit, I knew I was dyslexing on something. The attachment should be its (current) final form.

And thanks for looking to make the manual, explaining stuff is not my strongest suite.
Attached Files
MiniSnake.lua (12.6 KB, 20 views)
Why would you want to turn of that beautiful artwork? :P

For now just open the script in a text editor and change this bit of code,

LUA code:
function handle2d()
drawMiniMap()
center()
end

to,

lua code:
function handle2d()