-declare war
-cause suicide
-make pupils run amok
-create jeallous monsters
etc.

many people will say now things like "what's the reason in life than anymoe?!"
i answer:
what is it atm?
falling in love to feel get hurt or be happy?
when you happy may get hurt even worse in 2-5 years?
crying 2 years cause your mother died?

just tell me what YOU thinking about it and why!
I'll do >:D >:D >:D and YOU'll do :S:S:S:S:S:S:S
You hold a very fundamental understanding of what "emotion" is. At the heart of it, beyond happy and sad, emotion is a driving force behind discovery - the curiosity that leads people to question the nature of the heavens and the earth around us. Abolishing emotion is the abolishment of intuition, and without intuition, progress cannot be made, as astute observation cannot be made.

War is made by the foolish, and suicide is performed by the depressed (or the desperately ill). These are not necessarily emotions, but handicaps in the minds of the individuals involves - one requires an education, and the second requires medication.

Emotions, when combined with a great intellect, do not cause conflict, but an expansion of horizons. Emotions, particularly helplessness, when combined with supreme idiocy or apathy invite acceptances of "things are just because they are" much like you have made today.

Sadness is a fundamental need of human beings, for without the bad times, there are no good.
What m0o said.

Also, I think equilibrium was more about those in control having emotions, and denying liberties to the populous with valid but stupid logic.

Like that crispy lady from equilibrium said, without emotions, what is breath but a countdown to your demise.

Life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% of how I react to it. No emotions, no reaction, no life.
Last edited by Cevius; Jul 3, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
<( O )>
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
You hold a very fundamental understanding of what "emotion" is. At the heart of it, beyond happy and sad, emotion is a driving force behind discovery - the curiosity that leads people to question the nature of the heavens and the earth around us. Abolishing emotion is the abolishment of intuition, and without intuition, progress cannot be made, as astute observation cannot be made.

War is made by the foolish, and suicide is performed by the depressed (or the desperately ill). These are not necessarily emotions, but handicaps in the minds of the individuals involves - one requires an education, and the second requires medication.

Emotions, when combined with a great intellect, do not cause conflict, but an expansion of horizons. Emotions, particularly helplessness, when combined with supreme idiocy or apathy invite acceptances of "things are just because they are" much like you have made today.

Sadness is a fundamental need of human beings, for without the bad times, there are no good.

Pretty much this.

Think of a world with just plain apathy though. It'd be a pretty boring life, doesn't matter what the meaning of it is, since the meaning of your life is whatever you chose it to be. Depending on your goals and dreams, etc.
I think it is a very good Idea to abolish Emotions because they make pupils run amok

Sadness, anger and other emotions caused by bad situations allow good times and the accompanying emotions seem that much better.=D
you guys are talking abut the sence of life
is the sence in life to feel emotion for all of you?

for me it is more like creating something so the people that life after me have something better
so the humans get stronger
so they don't die

also you guys say that there are no good time without the bad times
i will just turn that sentence
there are no bad times without the good times

and about depressions etc.
you would just destroy this "illnesses" by abolishing emotions
no emotion=no bad emotion=no depression
I'll do >:D >:D >:D and YOU'll do :S:S:S:S:S:S:S
Abolishing emotion just because of the malevolent emotions is like killing every human just because of the malevolent humans. People who commit suicide, who kill through fear or anger, who run rampant because they had problems with their master do not know how to, or can't control their emotions. The key is not to abolish emotions, but to learn how to control them. Equilibrium was a great movie that showed how abolishing emotions would lead to a dystopia.
"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." -Nikola Tesla
Originally Posted by Killjaden View Post
you guys are talking abut the sence of life
is the sence in life to feel emotion for all of you?

for me it is more like creating something so the people that life after me have something better
so the humans get stronger
so they don't die

People live in pursuit of good emotions; happiness. Bonds, children, discoveries, achievements....why do you think we value all these things? "Just because"?
Why do you think you want to create something for the benefit of others? Because your brain generates positive emotions which make the idea seem noble and worthy to you.

Although not all stimuli for us are emotional, it's safe to assume that a sentient being without emotions (if sentience is even separable from emotions) would be very apathetic.
Last edited by Odlov; Jul 3, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
I think we should abolish wieners because that is causing over-population and some women sometimes get raped.

Anti-Infraction version:

No, there is no purpose to life to life without emotions. No one would want to live, we would all be robots. Just a stupid idea, even anger is necessary to learn from our mistakes and succeed from our failures.
the god